Expensive morning for the LY (and life in general!!!)

Impressive new whip, Ross! :smile:

I hope it'll be as good news as possible once they have the mani off and inspected. +1 on the powerflex mounts, well worth getting them fitted imo. Should prevent any more problems down the line once you have the repaired/new manifold on.

It’s going to be nip and tuck to make it to the Christmas meal in the Clio!!

893b983a0ee7e320f847db3eafa76ead.jpg

Get in there and give your dad a hand!! :wink:

On the plus side, the Kangoo could be used as a fleet support vehicle for the drive!

I honestly would love to! But I live a good hour and half away, and no spanners knowledge at all!

This week so far has taught me how much I took the ~200bhp, and handling of the Clio for granted haha!

Reactions: Benno
I honestly would love to! But I live a good hour and half away, and no spanners knowledge at all!

This week so far has taught me how much I took the ~200bhp, and handling of the Clio for granted haha!

We've got a couple of cars at work I end up using, I nearly caught myself out the other morning! Corner/chicane I can take at 70+ in the Clio I can only take at about 50 in the Passat, it's like a boat! Led to a bit of a clean pants moment for sure...

Reactions: RossWoods93
That bloody John, I tell you...

3 weeks in India, you couldn’t write it!

Very knowledgable guy is John though! used to own a car garage somewhere within London with his brother before moving ‘up north’ as he got older! Unfortunately all the other engineers are geared towards French tractors, not Clio’s!

Sounds a bit of a faff that ross, can’t you get it somewhere else? I wouldn’t be waiting 3 weeks!

Ouch, that is a ballache for you Ross! 3 weeks is a long time for it all to be delayed! If you come to Grantham in the van, I hope you'll have a surly attitude and a copy of the Sun newspaper on the dashboard :smile:

A copy of the sun would certainly finish the look off! I look so awkward driving it to work in my shirt and tie!

Been booked up for the drive-in cinema at Peterborough to watch Elf next weekend with the other half, not negotiated the option of the Kangoo for the event!

Looking at getting the belts changed now whilst there’s access to it, car is on 55,000 and coming up to 6 years! It’ll be a new car by the time I get it back!

Reactions: Beany
A copy of the sun would certainly finish the look off! I look so awkward driving it to work in my shirt and tie!

Been booked up for the drive-in cinema at Peterborough to watch Elf next weekend with the other half, not negotiated the option of the Kangoo for the event!

Looking at getting the belts changed now whilst there’s access to it, car is on 55,000 and coming up to 6 years! It’ll be a new car by the time I get it back!

I hope you've inappropriately beeped the horn/shouted something sexually aggressive at a girl at least once though?? :smile:

May as well make the most of the Clio being off the road then Ross, getting the belts changed is a good shout!

Reactions: Benno and Micah
I hope you've inappropriately beeped the horn/shouted something sexually aggressive at a girl at least once though?? :smile:

May as well make the most of the Clio being off the road then Ross, getting the belts changed is a good shout!
Would you like to borrow my van Jimmy..?:wink:

Reactions: Jimmy and Benno
sorry to hear..as above..may be worth taking it somewhere else??

I would take it elsewhere but I honestly don’t know what state it’s currently in, I’ll take a look while I’m at my parents this weekend! I’m a patient person though, I’ll wait for it!

Will be touch and go for the Xmas event but I’ll certainly be there! Can be a surprise for what I turn up in!