Expensive December

It all happens at once doesnt it!

Just had the big belt change done, MOT, Service and gearbox oil change (thought I might as well) which sets you back a fair bit as you will know and it all happens to be due at christmas lol. Then.................you get a fricking nail in the tyre wall of a tyre that has around 5-6mm tread left ffs.

Im now another £130 down :worried:

Sure is, annoying thing is I could have got that tyre a lot cheaper but this close to xmas and with some travelling that im doing I had to get it sorted that same day. £130 for an Avon ZZ3!!

Mine is same as tyre is unrepairable got a tiny nail in about an inch from the wall iv just stuck a tin of tireweld in till after the holidays and lasting so far

Hit a massive pot hole and burst the tyre and damaged the alloy on my astra, not gunna be cheap to sort on 20 inch rims

Hit a massive pot hole and burst the tyre and damaged the alloy on my astra, not gunna be cheap to sort on 20 inch rims

Letter to the council ASAP!

It is their responsibility to upkeep the roads and this is happening all to often. Last week I hit what could only be described as a tennis racket sized cavern a and I was sure I would be pulling over 100m meters down the road with a burst tyre and buckled rim.

They will put up a fight obviously but I would just continue to threaten with legal action. Not only is it dangerous they are just not putting the time effort or money back into the roads!

I hit a local pothole the other day, made a right old bang, seem to have got away with no damage but reading today on facebook a lad i know has hit the same one and it's broken his spring, cracked a wheel and the shock/bang was so bad it's knocked out an headlight bulb.

He's none too pleased.