Exhaust flexible joints

Hi everyone. Please can you people give some advice about exhaust probs on the beloved 197. Be gentle with me cos I'm just a girlie and don't know much about these things, but I'm hoping that you will be able to give me some straightforward advice.
So, I'm told that the flexible joints are knackered. I had the the manifold welded about six months ago and now I'm told that the manifold will need replacing as the flexible joints can't be sourced seperately and anyway it's a pig of a job to access them. Also the cat is breaking up inside and rattling horribly.

Anysuggestions for sorting her out? What is my best option? So far it's looking like a new manifold and Cat which, quite honestly, looks as if it will cost as much as she's worth.

Any useful advice please? I can see that others have had similar problems on here, but not finding the answers very straightforward for my non-mechanical mind! Thanks.

Well you can get new flexi joints and have them welded in for a start, so there not right in telling you that, however they are right in telling you its a pig to get out. If you need a new manifold, theyd have to get it out to replace it anyway, so it shouldnt make a difference if you get new ones welded in or not.

When they say the cat is breaking up, do they mean the pre-cat, which is part of the manifold or do they mean the seperate cat?

If you do go down the new manifold route, you can get one off ebay (toyosports) for £200, or they come up used for ablut £100-£150. Then your looking about £250 minimum to get it put in..

You could just get a decat pipe if its the main cat or find one on ebay. The mot will pass on the precat alone.

Hope thats some help.

Hi, just redone the flexi joints on mine. You can buy the flexi joints from ebay think I paid £35 for both including delivery, type bosal 265-567 there the ones you need. Think there is also a spare cat on ebay for sale also.

Thanks Palmer and Chris. That's really useful. Not sure which cat we are talking about, but will find out.
Feel a bit better about it all now. Not looking quite so bad as it was!

Hi Linda, I think the toyo sport manifold does away with the cat and it still passes the MOT, but it makes the flat spot worse..