Exhaust Advice

The ITG is probably one of the few mods that you can do to the engine and not having to remap the ECU and actually gain throttle response and maybe a quarter of bhp :biggrin:

The stock AFR is probably set like the Megane RS (10,5:1 :blink:smile: to be very rich - dunno why they set it to that cause everything below 12:1 is just loosing power and "washing" the oil film from the cylinder walls.

Maybe that's why owners who fitted the ITG say that it runs better cause the AFR isn't so rich anymore - not a big difference to stock because of the limitations of the programme.....but enough to feel it 8)

Always wondered why Renault set there cars like that cause normally after remap the AFR is set to around 13,5:1 (a bit different then the stoichiometric afr) for a road car and anything between 12,5-12,8:1 for a race car so the "extra" fuel cools the engine.

Saw that the Megane from RSTuning had around 11-11.7:1 but that probably for the cooling....but this is now seriously off-topic.

The ITG is probably one of the few mods that you can do to the engine and not having to remap the ECU and actually gain throttle response and maybe a quarter of bhp :biggrin:

The stock AFR is probably set like the Megane RS (10,5:1 :blink:smile: to be very rich - dunno why they set it to that cause everything below 12:1 is just loosing power and "washing" the oil film from the cylinder walls.

Maybe that's why owners who fitted the ITG say that it runs better cause the AFR isn't so rich anymore - not a big difference to stock because of the limitations of the programme.....but enough to feel it 8)

Always wondered why Renault set there cars like that cause normally after remap the AFR is set to around 13,5:1 (a bit different then the stoichiometric afr) for a road car and anything between 12,5-12,8:1 for a race car so the "extra" fuel cools the engine.

Saw that the Megane from RSTuning had around 11-11.7:1 but that probably for the cooling....but this is now seriously off-topic.

That was very usefull and rich information for me, thanks bro...
Its really strange the way renault do it!!!

Going off topics (Daily Roads) is always good to learn and explore 8)

ITG panel filter order will be placed today :rolleyes:

Thanks again bro :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hi just a note guys, we haven't put a price increase on all our parts we now have to display prices INCLUDING VAT.

If you look at the top of the page there is a little button between the checkout button and the flags. Click that and you'll see the prices excluding VAT.

Hope that makes sense!

Bex

Hello mates,

I'm on ordering an exhaust for my R27 but can't make up my mind on which brand or type...

I'm between both KTR and Milltek...

Both either with sports cat or decat...

My Q:

What are the power gains am I looking at on either both brands or types...

I is worth it to go for decat as i'm using the car for daily use and not welling to take too much noise from the exhaust...

What I noticed from all videos arround that KTR is much noiser than Milltek...

BTW: Did you guy notice that KTR had raised all their prices over the last night!!!

Best Regards... :001_rolleyes:

Hi just a note guys, we haven't put a price increase on all our parts we now have to display prices INCLUDING VAT.

If you look at the top of the page there is a little button between the checkout button and the flags. Click that and you'll see the prices excluding VAT.

Hope that makes sense!

Bex

Thats good news as i thought you guys did, my fault and I apologize for the miss leading info I have posted earlier... Didn't notice that "Inc VAT" link...

Thanks for correcting me and the announcement... :thumbup1:

have you not considered the yozzasport or supersprint systems??? they are both very good, i had the yozza system and it was awsome. if i could afford it i would defo go for the supersprint system personally.
drifter.

have you not considered the yozzasport or supersprint systems??? they are both very good, i had the yozza system and it was awsome. if i could afford it i would defo go for the supersprint system personally.
drifter.

Supersprint is above my budget, while yozzasport was louder than Milltek and KTR, this is what i noticed...

I was looking for the least loud among all of these and I guess it was Milltek...
But now I don't think i'm getting any as most of guys didn't recommend any exhaust without tuning the ECU, I don't want to tune the car as I don't trust any tuner in my location :worried:

I was really looking to get the catback with sport cat!!! :drool:

Hello.

We are in development of this exhaust, as we speak the car is on the ramp with half an exhaust on it. If theres anything in particular you are after now is the time to say and i will try to incorporate it into the system.

Awaiting your comments

Tom @ Piper Exhausts