Exhaust advice

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Just want a little advice, I bought a ktec exhaust off a member and wondered if it's worth fitting a decat pipe as the system is going on in a couple of weeks this is probably the best time for this to happen. Would it still go through an mot? What difference would it make?

Thank you for any help you can give

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Would be quite a bit louder and it passing it's MOT would depend if your pre cat is in good condition!

Messing with the exhaust on these can make the flat spot quite bad, some seem to be worse than others so it's pot luck as to how yours will react to it. If your going the de-cat route I'd recommend putting some money aside for a remap too to get the best out of it. Otherwise I'd just stick with the cat back for now, it's fairly easy to add a de-cat in the future but I don't see the point really unless your going for a full manifold back system - which deffo wouldn't pass an MOT lol.

great cheers for the information was just something that i was thinking about but i can see how i feel once fitted. cheers guys. This really is a great community feel for a forum.

Toyo manifold went on Tuesday here (I'm waiting for a system to come from Scorpion on the 30th and then i'm getting a re-map immediately).

To be honest - the noise increase itself isnt huge, and the tone quite pleasant. No real change below say 3k......then a bit more growl !!!

I would say fitting this and the pre-cat removal that goes with it, has made a detrimental effect low down - but has POSSIBLY made a bigger kick up-top. Or that might just be the feeling from losing some low/mid-range.

Flat-spot is no-where near as bad as i imagined / have read about. So if your fitting a manifold and it ends up like mine - a re-map isnt needed instantly IF your car reacts like mine did. ie: If you cant afford / fit in for a month or to its still plenty driveable.

Oh.....and i do get random burbles on decel that i reckon must sound really nice from outside......if thats your thing.

GOOD LUCK :smile: