Exhaust Advice

Hello mates,

I'm on ordering an exhaust for my R27 but can't make up my mind on which brand or type...

I'm between both KTR and Milltek...

Both either with sports cat or decat...

My Q:

What are the power gains am I looking at on either both brands or types...

I is worth it to go for decat as i'm using the car for daily use and not welling to take too much noise from the exhaust...

What I noticed from all videos arround that KTR is much noiser than Milltek...

BTW: Did you guy notice that KTR had raised all their prices over the last night!!!

Best Regards... :001_rolleyes:

ktr ex

hi mate

mine clio with ktr decat and all the rest exhaust system also from them it sounds awesome..i m sure you will loose the allround use but you will win a big ****ing smile every time you drive the car.For miltek now,its a quality exhaust not so loud if you dont decat the car.The non slushcut tailpipes is the number one reason i didnt bought it cause i dont want to loose nothing from the factory appearance.Go ahead dont d cat the car and buy a ktec one.(you will have a small flap brobably between 1200-1900 rpm but who cares?).

nikos

Thanks jean, i'm more into non decat it... :smiley:
How many hps would i gain with the sport cat?
What do you mean by small flap? Sorry I didn't get it... ;/

or u can wait til the end of octobber for a piper exhaust, my car is going to be the demo car for their system and i will be posting up all the details of it in due corse

Miltek cat back mate, was decatted but had MASSIVE flatspot with STD ECU!

Thats what i'm trying to avoid, I don't want to tune it here where we don't proper tuners from renault :worried:

So you are suggesting a cat back with sport cat <== any idea on gains?
And what if only cat back, is it going to be worth it for gains?

Oh ok, so you mean a decat by saying piper? or decat + removing the mid mufler?

I thougth you were meaning a straight pipe starting from cat till the tail pipes all the way.. lol.. sorry mate.. my mistake...

A guy here in dubai did that for his R27, straight pipe!! the car screams like hell!!!

nooooo lol, google piper exhausts, they r a firm that makes exhausts systems, they r gonna having my car on the 12 to base they exhuast system on

sorry my english its not so well i mean flat spot on the rpms i told you before.
i dontthink so tha anyone inside club will tell you that he gains hps with exhaust only.you need d cat+sport cat+full exhaust +remap to say that you gain a small amount of hps.maybe i would buy a supersprint if i didnt ktr but lots of money..

sorry my english its not so well i mean flat spot on the rpms i told you before.
i dontthink so tha anyone inside club will tell you that he gains hps with exhaust only.you need d cat+sport cat+full exhaust +remap to say that you gain a small amount of hps.maybe i would buy a supersprint if i didnt ktr but lots of money..

No worries man, mine is not perfect as well ;/

I agree with you on supersprint, too much for not much power gain!!!

I'm planning to got for Cat Back + Sport Cat (Not decat) + ITG pannel filter

I don't want to go with the ECU tuning hassle as I don't trust any of workshops here in my area!! Renault is hard to deal with here in UAE

I got many guys offered me to tune it but I would die but not let anyone have his own fun testing on my car :closedeyes:

Do you have any idea on differences between Milltek and KTR exhausts?

Last edited:
Do you have any idea on differences between Milltek and KTR exhausts?

KTR is louder, and IMHO, more "open" exhaust.

BTW: You should remap your car - mine was a bit slower with the Miltek system with stock map. After the remap it was much better.

Without the remap/ECU hassle you won't be gaining anything. You might even lose some bhp :blink:

The ECU gets info of the air mass flow and temperature being sucked into the engine (sensors) and alters the mixture by that - corrects it with the help of the O2 sensor etc but that has limitations as the programme for the engine management on the ECU has its limits for adjusting (dunno how to say it right ;/).

Sort of an example - you could think that the engine is like your lungs. Try running and breathing through a small hole first and then through a bigger one. You'll see that with getting more air through the bigger hole you can't breathe the same way as before but you'll have to adapt to it. A bit far fetched example but I think you get the picture :smiley:

KTR is louder, and IMHO, more "open" exhaust.

BTW: You should remap your car - mine was a bit slower with the Miltek system with stock map. After the remap it was much better.

Thanks mate for the info... I'm getting stopped again by the idea of ECU tuning!!! :huh:

Without the remap/ECU hassle you won't be gaining anything. You might even lose some bhp :blink:

The ECU gets info of the air mass flow and temperature being sucked into the engine (sensors) and alters the mixture by that - corrects it with the help of the O2 sensor etc but that has limitations as the programme for the engine management on the ECU has its limits for adjusting (dunno how to say it right ;/).

Sort of an example - you could think that the engine is like your lungs. Try running and breathing through a small hole first and then through a bigger one. You'll see that with getting more air through the bigger hole you can't breathe the same way as before but you'll have to adapt to it. A bit far fetched example but I think you get the picture :smiley:

I got your point bro, and thanks for the example :smiley:

I guess I have to think twice now, either to drop the idea of exhaust upgrade (I won't sacrifice even 1 hp for only better sound!!)

or to search well for a guaranteed tune as 3 guys with R27s (With ECU tune) in Dubai have failed to get their cars pass my stock R27 :lol:

or to get an ITG panel filter only!! :frown: Would I need to tune it as well?

I'm glad that I joined this forum as I got the chance to read more and get help and advice from such mates here :thumbup:

Last edited: