ex Nimbus r27r #2054

Beautiful power graph! It's so linear! Is it because they use less plot-points?
Probably, but it performs like that on the road. VERY linear. It's so linear that after a drive in my Clio 90% of my friends tell me it won't outrun their modified 172/182's and they're 100% of the time wrong. :smile:
Why did you pass cat200cell to decat? Is better decat with inlets ported?
I have airbox v6,manifold decat, and remap...
To be honest, I wanted a setup similar to the R3. However, I haven't felt any improvement in the performance because of the decat.
As the matter of fact, I'm thinking about installing the 200cell sportcat back but I want to make 100% sure I don't lose power and that takes dyno testing before and after and I have better ways to spend my free time at the moment (have some projects for the Clio). :smile:

[MENTION=150]simoxmino[/MENTION] Hi Simo, quick question. Do your R3 maxi 230 cams use the original cam pulleys? I am wondering if they use VVT or not?
Thanks

@simoxmino Hi Simo, quick question. Do your R3 maxi 230 cams use the original cam pulleys? I am wondering if they use VVT or not?
Thanks
@simoxmino another question for you mate, how does your car idle on the R3 230 cams?

If it idles well and they install in the stock pulleys and timing position - it will be cheaper to replace my cams than mess around timing up my catcams.

Cheers

@simoxmino another question for you mate, how does your car idle on the R3 230 cams?

If it idles well and they install in the stock pulleys and timing position - it will be cheaper to replace my cams than mess around timing up my catcams.

Cheers
idle is around 1400rpm..:001_wub:

hi Simo,

I am about to order the Quaife differential, what you have in your car.
Would you pls share your experience with it?

I know its a torsen diferential, this is what I found on their website, but your experience would be way more valuable for me!

it cost a hefty amount 738 GBP+shipment, so want to know everything, before investing it :smile:

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/renault-clio-200-quaife-atb-helical-lsd
https://shop.quaife.co.uk/media/blfa_files/QDF9M.PDF

mate yes i've a simple quaife diff, good for every days, maybe not the best diff but very good [MENTION=38628]TB Rich[/MENTION] [MENTION=1224]Flacsi[/MENTION]

Last edited:
hi rich sorry for delay..
yes, stock pulley with vvt!
idle is around 1400rpm..:001_wub:

Thanks for the answers Simo. Man, 1400rpm!!! Thats a bit much for me whilst I still need to use it as a road car etc. Not even sure 1400rpm would pass the UK MOT??!

When you timed them though, did you use the Renault timing tool or did you use a dial guage on the cams then make your own tool to lock the cams once in position?

Cheers

[MENTION=38628]TB Rich[/MENTION]
hi rich, also in italy is very difficult pass the check...........
i forgot to ask to my mech for timing! I send him a message now!

[MENTION=150]simoxmino[/MENTION] Hi, not to worry mate, I now have the Maxi Evo build manual and can see that the Maxi Evo uses the standard Renault Mot. 1496 tool.

Looking in the parts manual only the Access lists it's own tool (77 11 162 463). - Therefore, I believe that Maxi 230 is like the Evo and also uses Mot. 1496.

However.......I decided not to use 230 cams because 1400rpm idle is too much!!! :smiley:

Videoooo
new position.. Sorry for the no parallelism LOL
I had no time to check ahahah

[video=youtube_share;jjPoZcMN4Uk]http://youtu.be/jjPoZcMN4Uk[/video]

Hi [MENTION=150]simoxmino[/MENTION] love the car mate, been following you thread for a while now. Sorry if I've missed it but could you please tell me what size tyre you run on your OZ Ultraleggera's please? I'm going to order some soon but getting mixed information on web searches. Thanks