EVANS Halshaw MIDDLESBROUGH

Had a bad experience with Evans Halshaw in Stourbridge a few years ago and vowed never to step foot in another dealership of their's again.

It took three attempts to get the paintwork sorted. To cut a long story short. I was threatened with the Police due to my behaviour at the dealership. All because they tried to cut corners. Never would I ever set foot in that dealership again.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I think Evans Halshaw should be avoided in general TBH, I had nothing but trouble with them. From kurbing the alloys while the sent the car to "an actual Renault Sport" dealer and the car never left the Nottingham branch, to being caught speeding in my Car while they had it. And wouldn't admit it yet they had the CCTV of the car being with them for 2 weeks.

Callum

I bought my Clio 200 from Evans Halshaw, they put a bent MOT on it. The car had a new MOT put on it after the trade in from the previous owner but I took delivery with both front swivel joints being shagged, a snapped suspension spring and a blowing exhaust.

Car was due for belts doing but they had no proof of it, dealership tried to tell me that the car was chain driven and didn't need belts doing, I rang a Renault dealer on loudspeaker at the sales desk who confirmed it needed belts doing. Finally they agreed to have the work done after being told the facts.

They didn't have the V5 and it took several weeks for them to get it so they could sign it over to me, we agreed that some bodywork scuffs would be touched up but upon collection, they weren't. Agreed to take the car as it was and we'd return it at a later date for the bodywork to be fixed up, queue a lot of failed callbacks from the person who sold it to me to get it booked in for the aforementioned repairs, I paid cash for the car in full so they didn't give a fuck once I'd driven off. Finally after a complaint to their head office the dealership principle called me within 2hrs and it was dropped off the next morning for sorting out.

All in a shambolic experience that resulted in me nearly returning the car for a refund. Would not touch Evans Halshaw ever again.