European road trip ...

At the end of July me and the girlfriend took the LY200 across Europe, from door to door we covered over 3,100 miles.

Our 1st stop was the French Car Show, following day we headed for Dover. Brugge was our next stop, then we headed to Nurburg unfortunately the track was closed that week for Porsche track days. After that we headed across Germany and ended up in Bavaria. Our next leg then took us across Austria through the Alps and in to Italy where we went on the Stelvio and Gravia Passes. After fun and games on the passes we went to Lake Garda and then on to San Remo. Back in to France after that and then on to Spain for a few days in the hot sun. The journey back home was another stop in France before getting the ferry.

Found some great roads and although it may sound like it was tiring it wasn't until we got home. Here's a few pictures of the LY while on it's travels ....

DSC_0149_zps75f7608b.jpg

DSC_0286_zps582f521f.jpg

DSC_0279_zpsb6393711.jpg

StelvioPanorama_zps5e4b7c14.jpg

DSC_0344_zps5f90aae4.jpg

GraviaPanorama_zps52722f29.jpg

DSC_0310_zps6a986f86.jpg

Lovely pictures!

I did a very similar amount of miles along many of those routes myself this year. And you definitely had better weather at the top of the Stelvio than I did!

1003248_10151515729092807_1813312175_n.jpg

Did you come into France past Monaco? Did you manage the Col De Turini?

Lovely pictures!

I did a very similar amount of miles along many of those routes myself this year. And you definitely had better weather at the top of the Stelvio than I did!

View attachment 7116

Did you come into France past Monaco? Did you manage the Col De Turini?

The weather was hot. Left the car parked in direct sunlight at Lake Garda, the gear stick was so hot I couldn't touch it. From San Remo we took a coastal road toward Monaco and then we headed towards Narbonne and then Spain.

I hope you dont mind me asking, but what sort of costs are involved?

We were going to camp but ended up staying in hotels so we spent quite a bit more than budgeted. Fuel was about €60 to fill up, hotels about €100 per night. Lots of tolls in France and Spain. Think we spent about £2000 but it was worth it :wink:

looks great 2k isnt to bad considering tolls, hotels, petrol food,
did you do your door handels and bullets black or did you get something

looks great 2k isnt to bad considering tolls, hotels, petrol food,
did you do your door handels and bullets black or did you get something

Booked hotels when we arrived somewhere using the booking.com app, you can get some good deals and yes, had my bullets and door handles sprayed black.

Great picture mate, me and my best mate where gunna do a similar route this year but circumstances meant we couldn't do it. Maybe next year if I still have the car.