Euro woes

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I've just been listening to Jeremy Vine's Radio 2 show that was broadcast on Friday, and this guy on there said that if you have any Euro notes with a serial number beginning with the letter "Y" then when Greece goes bust, you will not be able to change these notes lol!!!

Better check your Euro notes now for Greek ones, and get rid!

I assume it would mean the Greek Euro Coins would also be worthless.

Talk about trying to talk bust a currency lol!

Euro Banknotes

Coin designs to avoid:

Euro Coins!

And this would be the best currency in the world BY FAR to hold :wink::wink::wink::wink: Clicky!!

:wink: :swiss:

It won't only be Greece affected. The Euro currency notes from Greece with the letter Y as a prefix are in circulation everywhere. I have one infront of me from when I was in France couple of weeks ago.

Gonna change that tomorrow (along with the rest I have here :wink:)

I can't quite see that this is true, it is a single currency which was created through the investment of all founder countries financing the 'pot' with their money. Each note holds the same value as another and as such they cannot be differentiated i.e. one is worthless and another isn't. This is also why they are continually being bailed out and won't be allowed to go bust. :smile:

That said if anyone has any 'worthless' E500 notes I will happily take them off you :wink:

Paul, that's what I thought, but it is the "mass hysteria" that will cause this. I.E. That notes Greek, the Greek part of the ECB won't honour it or summin.

Of course it will still be valid, but it is people's attitudes that will make them "invalid"

Paul, that's what I thought, but it is the "mass hysteria" that will cause this. I.E. That notes Greek, the Greek part of the ECB won't honour it or summin.

Of course it will still be valid, but it is people's attitudes that will make them "invalid"

bit like scottish notes then :tongueout:inky: