Euro Car Parts Discount

matt9566

Paid Member
Just a quick heads up, Euro Car Parts have a 20% off code: EASTER20

Just got some rear Brembo pads for £19.19

Some good deals on there.

Thanks for the heads up, don't forget to through Quidco looks like you can get another 16% cashback ontop.

Just ordered front/rear discs and pads and if cashback tracks should come out at £230.

I ordered a pair of OEM Valeo projector headlights for my 197, with the discount applied it came out at a bit over £200 for the pair - bargain. Might get some Philips Xtreme Vision H7's for the high beams and silvervision indicators too.

My projectors arrived today, one of the brackets on the drivers headlight is broke :jumpon:. Check yours out too!
I just bought these without looking into them, is the big sphere in the middle the projector bit??? And is the cornering light the one on the outside?

My projectors arrived today, one of the brackets on the drivers headlight is broke :jumpon:. Check yours out too!
I just bought these without looking into them, is the big sphere in the middle the projector bit??? And is the cornering light the one on the outside?

2010-07-04001.jpgoriginal_zps1ifhwch3.jpg

From left to right, the small one below the line of the others is the side light, then the high beam, then the dipped beam (which is the projector), then on the outside is the cornering light which won't work unless you had them from the factory. At the top is the indicator.

My headlights came in massive boxes so not sure how they could have been damaged, oddly though one of them did already have lamps in them :huh:

Ok good, was wondering about that too as at least of of mine has a side light and a projector with bulbs in them, didn't check the other one. I might have asked this in another thread but are projector lights brighter than normal or are they only worth the upgrade as they look better?

I will be trying to fit these Valeo ones I bought as well to my Clio 200 cup, guy at Europaets said to use hid kit to h7 bulb , is this what are u other guys going to use as set up???

Ok good, was wondering about that too as at least of of mine has a side light and a projector with bulbs in them, didn't check the other one. I might have asked this in another thread but are projector lights brighter than normal or are they only worth the upgrade as they look better?

The beam pattern might be better, but the reason people usually fit them is because they are fitting HID lamps. Typically you can't fit these to normal-type headlights as the light scatters everywhere, you can't see any better at night than you could before, and everyone going the other way gets blinded and thinks you're a mug.

Are those Valeo projectors plug and play for vehicles originally fitted with reflector headlamps?

On my 197 they were. The projector headlights have an additional plug which I think must be for the cornering headlights but you don't need to worry about this as your car won't have that plug. The large plug (which provides power to the high and main beam, sidelight and indicator) plugs straight in. The other (smaller) plug attaches to the motor which raises and lowers the headlight beam.

I will be trying to fit these Valeo ones I bought as well to my Clio 200 cup, guy at Europaets said to use hid kit to h7 bulb , is this what are u other guys going to use as set up???

Not sure about the 200, but the 197 uses a H1 in the main (projector) lamp, the high beam is a H7 as is the cornering lamp, which won't work but put a lamp in there so it doesn't look weird.

Thanks!

So if I were to buy these headlamps is a HID kit easy enough to fit into them?

Yeah it's not too bad, you have to drill a hole in the back of the cap to fit the HID lamp:

A89C254C-4CBF-44CB-A13E-2D3B279D6132_zps5ivqyn3v.jpg

And find somewhere to mount the ballast, there's a flat bit on the bottom of the headlight that I used with some double sided foam tape:

235D771F-FF9B-4B74-8129-5A1805492CAA_zps0t7r90xv.jpg