ESP cuts in hard

May be mine is totally shagged as it has never cut in on me? Not once!

Try winding the steering off whilst feeding the power on! The only time you want power on hard whilst turning hard is when you get oversteer to wash the front out.

I'm not hard on the power, our roads are long sweepers so you must be very smooth. On tight hairpins when you're hard on the power in 2nd or 3rd you can feel the traction control cut the power but in 5th gear 80mph it doesn't cut the power, it hits the brakes. I'm gonna have to get a video on youtube.
I'm fitting H&R's tomorrow so will check out what's around the sensors. I've cleaned them before but couldn't see what was going on in the hub. My Audi had a ring on the hub with holes in (this can get clogged up) but I couldn't see anything like that on the Renault

I can't say I've ever found it to be either intrusive or aggressive, on road or on track. I suppose you could say it depends how smooth you are with your control inputs, if you're making sudden sharp adjustments then perhaps she thinks your getting close to the edge and cuts in to save you...

^^This.

I'm fitting H&R's tomorrow so will check out what's around the sensors. I've cleaned them before but couldn't see what was going on in the hub. My Audi had a ring on the hub with holes in (this can get clogged up) but I couldn't see anything like that on the Renault

the 197/200 doesnt use "excitor" rings as such - the sensor rings are built in to the bearings/grease seals so nothing can get "clogged" up as such - all you can do is remove the abs end and clean it

if the signal is wrong the abs ecu will throw a fault light on as it compares signals from all the wheels etc to work out the variuos operating parameters

the 197/200 doesnt use "excitor" rings as such - the sensor rings are built in to the bearings/grease seals so nothing can get "clogged" up as such - all you can do is remove the abs end and clean it

if the signal is wrong the abs ecu will throw a fault light on as it compares signals from all the wheels etc to work out the variuos operating parameters

Thanks for this. It's even worse now I've fitted the H&R's. Even at less than 5mph if I stab the brake a bit the ABS kicks in and crunches. What would you use to clean the sensors. I used brake cleaner last time

Thanks for this. It's even worse now I've fitted the H&R's. Even at less than 5mph if I stab the brake a bit the ABS kicks in and crunches. What would you use to clean the sensors. I used brake cleaner last time

just given them a wipe with a microfibre cloth

As someone's said above I never get any issue with ESP at all ( once it said it wasn't working and to check injectors, but that was one time) i have to be pushing her as hard as I can to get a flicker in the dry. This might be down to the tyres and cup chassis but I'm no expert :/