ASR/ESP Deactivated & Breaking fault?

Recently jump started my friends car using cables. Connected them to the correct terminals by the way :smile:

Drove 5 seconds down the road before the car cut out. Tried restarting the car and got the spanner light, the traction control (or the triangle with the skidding car), lights flash when its trying to start then get Breaking Fault.

What could this be?

A few weeks ago I had the same issue as I sat in the car for over an hour with the interior light and radio on and ran the battery dead. Had the same exact messages pop up then...was jump started and never had a problem until now.

I took a wire off the battery then put it back on - this wasnt the actual connector that sits on the terminal, it was some other wire. Have I caused damage to the electronics or is the battery bad? I haven't had the car long and trying to learn about the ins and outs of this thing!

Its a Clio Sport 197 Cup 59plate (as you can tell, I don't know anything about cars!:tonguewink:) Thanks in advance

Sounds like a bad battery but with it being bad for a while the car might have been using the Alternator a lot and it is now damaged take it to a auto electrics or alternator guy to test don't just throw a new battery in or the fault can destroy the new battery.

Turns out it was the wire that attaches to the thing that connects to the battery, it wasn't screwed on tight!