Engine under tray

Yeah sure if you want dirt, rocks, water going in there, go for it!

There is a vent on the undertray for cool air to come in.

You do that and you car will deteriorate a lot faster. Talbot sunbeams used to rust like mad because of having no wheel arch liners. It is the same reason, there will be no protection. All these gaurds are a big reason why cars don't rust anywhere near as fast. In the 60's you buy an average 6 year old mini and it's full of rust and filler but a 6 year old mini nowadays will still be in good nick. if you take them off and use your car on the road then your only damaging your car. A track day car or competition car fair enough. It's dead weight but on the roads it will need welding work in not many years.

Sunbeams? Lol man its under the car the heat have nowhere to go and this what will make problems to plastics,electrition and rubbers in few years ,rocks will not come in from there by any chance ,and by the way chris is for letting heat come out not in
I was talking about that
13e1108d0ed0ca412384054fb0fbceeb.jpg
If i waa living in a cold place maybe i wouldnt touch it

Last edited:
I was using an example of why these gaurds help protect our cars. The way I see it if you're right is perished plastics in 20 years is better than a rusty car In 6 or 7. Perished plastics are a lot less likely to fail an mot.
In wet weather crap off the road gets everywhere, why make it easier for the crap.

I'm not having an argument I'm just trying to keep your car road worthy for years to come (advice)

No chris mate but it hella hot there ,(1/3 mostly,hot days close to half)
Ant i know bro :smile:
And i planned take it off in summer and put in winter so minimize dirt i guess

Last edited:
Do you really think a car manufacturer in modern times would fit something that would honestly cause a car to run hot? More so on a sports model which has been designed with track work in mind? Also have you thought about what happens when the car is actually moving? Air at 30-100mph moves quite quickly, it runs through the engine bay too you know!

Leave it on, it won't make any difference to heat, it will just make your car dirty and probably a little slower.

Do you really think a car manufacturer in modern times would fit something that would honestly cause a car to run hot? More so on a sports model which has been designed with track work in mind? Also have you thought about what happens when the car is actually moving? Air at 30-100mph moves quite quickly, it runs through the engine bay too you know!

Leave it on, it won't make any difference to heat, it will just make your car dirty and probably a little slower.

:clap:Well said

Up until about 45-50 mph yes but the faster you go the more nature tries to slow you down. Though unless you have an accurate timing system, an extremely skilled, experienced and consistent driver on a track like the nurburgring, circuit de la sarthe, or the original layout at spa (which was last used in 1973) you won't find a great deal of difference. The undertrays 2 main purposes is to 1) protection 2) reduce drag to increase fuel efficiency. It won't make much difference (time or fuel) over 1 lap but over 1 tank it might give you a few miles depending on how the car is driven.

As has been said, removing the undertray will increase drag. It is also likely to make the rear diffuser less effective too, so handling at higher speeds could be affected.