Broken engine undertray

Hi there. 3weeks ago i hited a dead wild boar on the road. The only things that were broken was disconected lambda sond and a broken engine undertray. But not too much. Want to know if it is really needed to have the broken part or i can live without it ? you can see on photo new undertray and the marked part is that which is missing in my car. If the new undertray wasnt so expensive i would buy one ... I already dont even know what for is that missing part.

Thanks for help :smile:

Mine's been broke in exactly the same place for around a year. It's a perfect straight line where it's cracked so it looks as if it's been designed to break in a certain way. Very strange. I'm not even sure what made mine crack... Hope the Boar died!!! :smiley:

Access to the gearbox? Not sure really, it's a while since I looked underneath but the Gearbox is on that side.

I always wondered if there was actually meant to be a flap that covered the hole!?!

god know why, it seem getting all the **** in! But ph1 172 got engine undertray with little clip cover to undo.

Hi there. 3weeks ago i hited a dead wild boar on the road. The only things that were broken was disconected lambda sond and a broken engine undertray. But not too much. Want to know if it is really needed to have the broken part or i can live without it ? you can see on photo new undertray and the marked part is that which is missing in my car. If the new undertray wasnt so expensive i would buy one ... I already dont even know what for is that missing part.

Thanks for help :smile:

I think all 197 & 200 are the same. I don't know why they left the big hole for where gearbox is.

it will be fine - its only a sort of deflector

the whole is for cooling i would say as you cannot really access much on the gearbox with regards to maintenance etc