Engine Noise

parkincj

Paid Member
Evening All, Can anyone help me identify this noise/the part in the video below....

https://youtu.be/wtGNEoKkoDA

I get this noise on start up and periodically during low engine RPM, no errors or problems with engine performance. I've stripped the throttle body and given it a clean as I thought it may have been due to the butterfly being open on some dirt. So I'm guessing its the part that sits after the throttle body, does anyone know what this is/does?

Any help greatly appreciated as ever!

Sounds like something is open check the oil cap / oil dipstick
And check for open holes that could push out air from the engine

great shout guys, I'll strip and grab some replacement o-rings tomorrow from work. I'm guessing that is just a recirc valve of some sort?

Just had a nosey and the dip stick wasn't fully inserted when I checked it this weekend. Oops!

Thanks for your help anyway guys, unfortunately there's not much you can do for me having a blonde moment!

I replaced mine yesterday, you can still slightly hear the noise but it's nowhere near as prominent as it was before. Going to crack the old one open at the weekend and find out what's going on inside this simple part that makes it need replacing. £40 from Renault