Engine loss of power - NEW ENGINE UPDATE (OOOOOH YESSSSSSS) - 06/07/2011

Smiths are good to deal with. I go well out of my way to use them for parts supply and technical backing (new info) and there's 3 other renault dealers who are closer

Pleased to say i was able to pick the car up yesterday from Smiths Renault. I have gotta say the whole car is literally just spot on. What a benefit it is to have the mounts replaced and clutch/slave cylinder at the time as the engine!

Compared to the Eco warrior clio they gave me as a courtesy car which was perfectly fine for day to day use my R27 feels like a different level. It just goes to show what a car it is to begin with/after KW's :wink:

I think being away from the car for three weeks and having not driven it since then just is really making me appreciate it for everything that it is.

Obviously with a new engine being as it is i wont be going hard on it until its first oil change in around a thousand miles and then will start to loosen the beast within up abit.

They have asked me to bring it back after a few hundred miles or so aswell just so they can re-check everything etc and this i think i will do as it feels like it makes sense to get a routine checkup.

Just tbh completely feels like a different car from when i had it before. EVERYTHING is just so much tighter around the shift and feel of the car now. Whether thats the engine mounts etc kicking in i dont know but omfg im happy.

Will be giving a super clean tomorrow as they didnt do it for me on purpose due to them assuming id rather not have them do it! Just awesome tbh.

Gearbox oil changed too.

Wahooooooooooooooooooooo

Got some R26.R fog light blanks to fit now from a guy on here who had them on his 197 so i will get some photos up once they are fitted. Should look good on a lowered 197 imo.

Thats all for now!!!

fog blanks look good mate had them on mine now about a month. not the best pic but you get the idea.
img0893oh.jpg

Well happy for ya mate excellent!!

Thanks dude!

great news :thumbup1: and start enjoying again

Thanks dude!

fog blanks look good mate had them on mine now about a month. not the best pic but you get the idea.
img0893oh.jpg

Yes i tryed to fit them this morning but couldnt get them to line up right quite right without them leaving a gap between the bumper and the blank. And yes i did have them the right way round!

Sounds good Dan glad its all back up and running!

James...someone stolen your wheels?!?!

Yes so am i mate lol!

Welcome back dan 8)

Cheers dude!