Engine Help please

Right ill tell the story from the beggining,
I had some new discs and pads fitted on the car a couple of months ago by my mate who took it up the road just to make sure they are ok, when he got back he said it seems to have a slight missfire inbetween 2-4k like a slight stutter, he then took me up the road to show me and it has got a stutter.
So i got it booked in to my local ren dealership wich had a look and said there wasnt nothing up with it, they are all sluggish stuttery.
So i then spoke to Matt at TDF who said bring it over and will stick it on the diagnopstic
As soon as he plugged it in, it showed up as a knock sensor as cyclinda 2 is running very high compared to cylinda 1,3 and 4

So i then took it back to my local ren garage (luckerly with 1 day warrenty to spare) and they plugged it in again and have found nothing wrong.

Should i be worried thta cylinda is running very high?
Should i replace the Knock sensor?
And should i replace the fuel filter as some one suggested that there may be something in the fuel line?

I just dont know what to do

There isnt a fuel filter as such but only a filter in the sender unit in the tank. As fox said, running high in what way? As Renault and everyone else will say they generally have a bit of a flat spot around those revs but difficult to diagnose a problem without seeing the fault if there is a fault with it matey

if you had your pads and discs done the engine went a little cool and thats what caused it, mine had popped a few times when it was younger, had to burp I guess, keep in mind not to rev it up even if it was warm and it stood 20 - 30 minutes it may cool down enough to be kangarooey and have a pop, a was at a friends house once, he's got a nice driveway, I showed him the 197 when I bought it, it was a warm day, the car was warm when I arrived, 30 minutes later when departing thought I'd give it a go and show him how it revs, then a shocker the cut off happend at 6,5k so it was not warm enough to go any higher I guess, or at least thats what the ecu thought... takes some time to learn how to drive it when the engine is cold so dont expect a buddy to have the same understanding of the 197s character in this particular area, keep it real slow and low on revs when its cold, if this happens when its fully warmed up then go to the dealer, if it only happens when cold it is completely normal

Has it had a new set of plugs? Due at 36k, i'd fire a set of them in it and go from there?

even if they have been changed maybe worth removing them and having a look and comparing them to each other - might give a clue

Cylinda 1,3 and for are running around 2-4 mark and cylinda is 2 is running 3 times more ( sorry dont know what they run in)

still not sure on what your saying - if you could find out more - didnt matt at tdf say anything else?

I dont know what the word is for a cylinda to be running at but it was running a lot higher thatn the other 3,
Matt plugged it in and said i can tell you its a knock sensor wich is causeing it to miss fire

A college at work said it was called a stroke, so basically cylinda 1,3 and 4 are at a hight of 2-4 and cylinda 2 is running around the 20 mark

A college at work said it was called a stroke, so basically cylinda 1,3 and 4 are at a hight of 2-4 and cylinda 2 is running around the 20 mark

so cylinder 2 is running "hotter" or at a "higher" compression then the others then?

have the plugs been changed/checked? maybe worth taking them out and having a look - all 4 should look the same

if the knock sensor is picking up a detonation on cylinder 2 it will be knocking the timing back - it could be a build up of carbon from oil or fuel - could be worth putting a strong fuel/injector cleaner in the tank and running it off

its really hard to diagnose over the internet - so these are just ideas for you to think about - if your unsure i would have a word with matt and see what he recommneds as he will know more due to the diagnostic check done :thumbup1: