Ellis's UR 197 progress. H&R update.

Cheers for the comments guys! Yep just painted with hammerite and then put the white decal on. Makes such a difference, if you have brembos shout about it ay and renualt just didnt. Any opinions on what colour wheels? Undecided weather to keep silver or maybe a dark anthracite or black?

good work!

thinking of painting my old 197 diffuser and fitting it instead of the 200 one :oops:

Nice work on the brakes. I think you should go with having the wheels done black. It will look awesome against the red and show off those red Brembos.

* Update *

Finally got my projectors fitted with my hids! look spot on and change the front of the car so much! Also whilst re-fitting the bumper managed to sort the problem with it not being flush with wing. It was such a nigly fault i hated on the car god dam Renualt!!!!! Also bought a new style RS badge looks a bit more modern. Think it sets the back of nicely.

Pics will be up later this week when i can give her a bath as shes to dirty to post!

Just gave her a morning bath. Nothing major and cudnt be bothered driving anyway so i rolled to the bottom of the road to take the pics lol......

Wirral-20120514-00105.jpg
Wirral-20120514-00102.jpg
Wirral-20120514-00101.jpg
Wirral-20120514-00106.jpg
Wirral-20120514-00107.jpg.

I personally love how its looking at the moment the projectors finish the front of nicely and look alot more classy then the silver reflectors! The back i think just needs a spoiler to finish it of, i dont like the cup spoilers (just my prefrence) so i think it may be ktec if i got one!

Next up: Paint correction and H&R's

Thanks for looking

Your car looks gorgeous mate very jealous of the projectors want some for mine. You have done a cracking job on the diffuser too :drool:

Been a bit quite on here over past month! Havnt done much with having the service, mot and insurance all coming up at the same time! Had the service and mot on friday and it flew through no issues! Next up insurance in the start of july!

Waiting to get this paint correction done but the weather has been so turd lately I don't know when it will be done!

Almost a year since last update so thought it was about time I showed what iv been up to.

The 197 has taken a back seat if am honest. Me and the missus have moved in ad we also bought a second car as her punto was going through headgaskets like I go through pants!

Well more info on the second car, she's been after one for ages and to be honest its a fantastic little car heres some pics...

DSCN0150.jpg
DSCN0147.jpg

It really is such a fun car very rev happy engine with a great chassis grip is just as good as the 197. It a lot more active and fun around town think maybe due to to not having to rev the t1ts of it to get it to shift like you do with the 197. The only down side is im 6ft5 and the seating position isn't great for me the seat just wont go low enough for me to avoid the sun visor :thumb1:!.

Anyway the 197 has pretty much stayed the same, just been making sure she is cleaned. However the time came to start where I left off now I have settled in to my new place so along came some new toyo t1r's. I know they have mixed reviews but I think for the price per corner there a decent option. Also purchased some pioneer ts's of a member on here. Not fitted yet but plan on sticking the fronts that are in now in the back due to no speakers there. Hopefully will sound okay. Well a pic of the speakers and a recentish pic of the 197...

DSCN0174.jpg
DSCN0001.jpg

UPDATE **

Had a nightmare month really but its all came together now. Basically car went in for it MOT and service, Come back that it has failed on two things, one being brake compensator (which I find out wasn't that was just they need a good old clean and strip down) and second was a snapped front spring, so after waying up my options the only real decision to make was were to but the H&R's.

So here she is after getting them fitted last week, 30/40 drop which I think is perfect for everyday use. I also fitted the pioneer speakers, must say im very pleased with the outcome and used the old fronts to fill the wholes where the rears should have been but wernt selected as a option, God dam Renault and cheap as owner.

Anyway some pics of how she is at the moment will get better pics soon....
DSCN0177.jpg
DSCN0175.jpg
DSCN0187.jpg

Sold this car 18 months ago and decided I wanted something a bit bigger with a little bigger engine, so decided on a e82 125i tbf the Bmw 3.0l just sounds epic in it.

Must admit though I loved this car, was so hard selling her, I even regretted it for weeks after owning the 125i but after a few mods and many miles I grew to love it just as much as this.

Would love to know where it is these days, or if anybody has it on here.