Electronic Dipstick

When you start the car and it displays "oil level correct" if you press the wiper stalk buttons it shows a display like this:

min |00000000|

whats this sposed to show? I'm thinking it may need a top up although it doesn't say so, it's just the display on pressing the stalk looks as if maybe the 0's would be filled in indicating the oil level between min | and | ??

I'll stop being lazy when i get home and open the bonnet to check instead.

i am 99% sure its to show that the oil is full, it is the same on my gf's C2. If it actually needs a top up it will say on screen - from what you have posted it would be full. the |00000000| are replaced with |0000----| as the level decreases.

lol - I'm constantly pressing buttons to see if anything special happens... only found this one the other day!!:blush:

I wonder how many other ones are hiding in there.. ? ?

the |00000000| are replaced with |0000----| as the level decreases.

Bingo :thumbup1: did nobody read the manual? I did it :-p nice feature this. Try parking the car somewhere uphill and you'll see that one "0" will be displayed less / very uphill with the front end.

The only thing that it doesn't show is when there is too much oil - some dealers always put too much in from my experience :@!

true you should....but the electronic one is very relaible and accurate :thumbup1:

If i had the choice between manually checking it and the electronic display i'd use the manual check. Nothing beats seeing it with your own eyes.

Yeh its always good to check manually - but for those times when its dark and cold when I go out in the morning and the same when I get home - the on dash dipstick is a winner..:thumbup1:

If i had the choice between manually checking it and the electronic display i'd use the manual check. Nothing beats seeing it with your own eyes.

indeed i agree there :thumbup:

but there are some vehicles (especially modern trucks) that dont have a dipstick for the driver to access :001_rolleyes:

indeed i agree there :thumbup:

but there are some vehicles (especially modern trucks) that dont have a dipstick for the driver to access :001_rolleyes:

Some petrol BMW's don't even have a dipstick... however where one is easily accessable then its daft not to use that :001_rolleyes:

Some petrol BMW's don't even have a dipstick... however where one is easily accessable then its daft not to use that :001_rolleyes:

All BMW's have a dipstick - its located behind the wheel lol!!! :wink:

Lol silly billys renault have had this system on clios of all models for years now :tongueout:

As said above great for checking oil but wont tell you if its too full. Plus do you really trust your engine to french electrics lol.