EBC Red or Green?

Matt197

South West Rep
I want to replace the pads on my car because I am so feed up with driving up the road and my wheels being dirty again, being white its a pain.

I have been looking at some EBC low dust pads and not sure what ones to get, as I understand Redstuff is for cars over 200bhp and Greenstuff is for cars under 200bhp.

So what ones would be better?

Matt

Last edited:
I brought a few sets of pads from EBC and a guy at EBC told me to get the yellow ones based my car being used for trackdays/fast road. I am really pleased with the yellow -stuff all round, they give a good solid response. Dust is low and have had good wear rates from them too. Sorry I haven't helped with the expanded choices have I !!

Redstuff are a more track based pad IMO I'd buy the green as I hated the reds

Thanks for your input mate.

Ye I had been on that site looking before I posted, was just really looking for peoples input.

I brought a few sets of pads from EBC and a guy at EBC told me to get the yellow ones based my car being used for trackdays/fast road. I am really pleased with the yellow -stuff all round, they give a good solid response. Dust is low and have had good wear rates from them too. Sorry I haven't helped with the expanded choices have I !!

lol no you havent haha :coffee:

Thanks for the input though, I might just get some redstuff because there seems to be mixed reviews, and they seem to give out a lot less dust than greenstuff.

If I don't get on with them once bedded in I should be able to flog them on ebay.

I wouldnt use greenstuff as even the 172 boys say its too tame a choice for their lighter cars. Barely upto the job of stopping my old 1.4 lol.

I have DS2500's on the 182 at the mo and I think they are great at stopping the car and don't fade much. The only problem is the dust they throw up