E46 M3 CS

That's the problem with owning a modified car - when the time comes to buy a new car you always end up feeling that it doesn't handle as well as the last car, or is as fast as the old car etc etc etc so you invariably end up modifying the new one trying to chase the feeling of the old car.
Unless you find some mega special which offers something the BMW doesn't, I'd keep it.

That's the problem mate. I'm at the stage with the BMW where my only option for further mods is to go past the point of no return and so some proper weight saving and carbon roof etc. I don't really want to do that as it's taking away the main point of the car.

The next one is almost certainly going to be a V6 Exige. Handling will 100% definitely not be a problem, nor would extra speed, and lots of it! Although being an engine guy, the Toyota V6 will be a big downgrade from the S54...

But, the BMW is just so good. Can transport 4 in reasonably luxurious comfort but can be an absolute animal when you want. There isn't much that sounds better this side of £100k either!

Doing my best man maths to see if I can have both...

That's the problem mate. I'm at the stage with the BMW where my only option for further mods is to go past the point of no return and so some proper weight saving and carbon roof etc. I don't really want to do that as it's taking away the main point of the car.

The next one is almost certainly going to be a V6 Exige. Handling will 100% definitely not be a problem, nor would extra speed, and lots of it! Although being an engine guy, the Toyota V6 will be a big downgrade from the S54...

But, the BMW is just so good. Can transport 4 in reasonably luxurious comfort but can be an absolute animal when you want. There isn't much that sounds better this side of £100k either!

Doing my best man maths to see if I can have both...

All fair and valid points mate.

And I can feel the pain of the dilemma.

Wanna borrow some fingers when your doing your man-maths ?

@Chris @nutnutwelshman @Big Ben

Kev is right. I'm VERY confused. My main problem is every time I drive this car I think I'd be totally crazy to sell it!

CSL Prices are going stratospheric and too hardcore for everyone like you say CS prices are only going one way. If you have all the original parts no reason to feel pressured to sell if you can afford to keep it and put most of the daily grind miles into the clio.

I loved my E46 m3 and id get another in a heartbeat if a decent one came up for sale here.

SMG?

You cannot possibly leave us hanging like this you big man-tease !
well he can Syer and he is doing so..spill the beans Mes :jedi:
Is it my excercise bike on eBay?

Sorry lads. So, long story short, Mrs Mes is a pretty bloody awesome lady. We had a very serious chat last night and I think I may have persuaded her to allow me to go after an Exige while still keeping the BMW. Shuv knows that I've been back and forth on it so much. I've completely fallen out of love with where the brand is at these days and I could get good money for it (while losing a lot of future money) and la la la... Then I drive it and it's just bloody awesome. I don't want to sell it.

2 cars just for me is a massive ask but what can I say, she's awesome.

So I'm now looking for a more affordable Exige. I'm chasing one as we speak. Hence the need for good luck :smiley:

Oh Dear Lord. Forgive Mes for his sins.

GO BUDDY !!

Best of luck, fingers crossed, lucky rabbits tail etc etc

I'm not going to ask any questions for fear of cursing the potential purchase.

**Apart from what colour is the beast in question :smile:

Sorry lads. So, long story short, Mrs Mes is a pretty bloody awesome lady. We had a very serious chat last night and I think I may have persuaded her to allow me to go after an Exige while still keeping the BMW. Shuv knows that I've been back and forth on it so much. I've completely fallen out of love with where the brand is at these days and I could get good money for it (while losing a lot of future money) and la la la... Then I drive it and it's just bloody awesome. I don't want to sell it.

2 cars just for me is a massive ask but what can I say, she's awesome.

So I'm now looking for a more affordable Exige. I'm chasing one as we speak. Hence the need for good luck :smiley:
I think you've used up all your good luck Just by having a woman who sees sense in crazy man stuff:grinning:

Hope you pull it off Mes

Reactions: Jimmy
CSL Prices are going stratospheric and too hardcore for everyone like you say CS prices are only going one way. If you have all the original parts no reason to feel pressured to sell if you can afford to keep it and put most of the daily grind miles into the clio.

I loved my E46 m3 and id get another in a heartbeat if a decent one came up for sale here.

SMG?

Yes mate SMG. And I absolutely love it. It's way better than a manual in my opinion. Yep, I know it's really agricultural but it really works well with the car and I prefer the driving experience. Plus it makes it a bit more CSL, although I'm sure the manual ones will go for more money eventually :smiley:

Thankfully I have the Clio for manual fun and it does that just brilliantly.

Also thankfully, neither of them are daily drivers. We live in London so most of the time we're on the tube. The cars do the occasional bits of shopping and lots of fun road trips :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Oh Dear Lord. Forgive Mes for his sins.

GO BUDDY !!

Best of luck, fingers crossed, lucky rabbits tail etc etc

I'm not going to ask any questions for fear of cursing the potential purchase.

**Apart from what colour is the beast in question :smile:

IF I get it, I'll tell all, but for now, it's just a boring grey one. :smiley:

Thanks Shuv!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think you've used up all your good luck Just by having a woman who sees sense in crazy man stuff:grinning:

Hope you pull it off Mes

HA! Fair point mate. She's ridiculous huh? She's my drinking buddy too. Can't sing her praises enough to be honest.

Reactions: Big Ben
I hate you! I'm away at this very min to look at all the exiges and just watch the price go up! Lol

Good luck you lucky bolloxs! :excited:

I hate you! I'm away at this very min to look at all the exiges and just watch the price go up! Lol

Good luck you lucky bolloxs! :excited:

Ha. It's not on the market mate :tongueout:

Friend of a friend situ. I don't think it's going to happen but we can but try!

Ha. It's not on the market mate :tongueout:

Friend of a friend situ. I don't think it's going to happen but we can but try!

Be positive mate, you never know, they don't sell that quickly, really are a limited market as such, saying that, mouth of the summer doesn't help, winter is a great time to deal, as with all cars tbh.

Be positive mate, you never know, they don't sell that quickly, really are a limited market as such, saying that, mouth of the summer doesn't help, winter is a great time to deal, as with all cars tbh.

Exactly, wrong time to be buying really but I heard this was about to go up for sale so jumped in quick.

Still working on it!

Never say never!

:smile:

Cheers for the positivity fella :thumb:

Exciting news, Mes, very pleased for you while also being mega jealous! Those man maths must be the only ones in existence that can convince a lady into siding with you :wink: defo a keeper :smile:

Exciting news, Mes, very pleased for you while also being mega jealous! Those man maths must be the only ones in existence that can convince a lady into siding with you :wink: defo a keeper :smile:

Far from over yet mate. Lot of water to pass under the bridge and there's a good chance it will come to nothing.

But I'm not letting go until it's sure!

:smile: