Downsizing...

Has anyone at all on here gone from a Clio 200 down to a Twingo 133? And how did you find it? Does the loss in power depress you or do you enjoy it nearly as much as the Clio? Reason I ask is, I'm now 25 and realistically should move my backside out of my parents house but to do so will have to get rid of the 200. I work for the council so for 200 a month I can lease a Twingo 133 inc insurance, servicing, wear and tear etc (Basically I just have to add fuel :smile: ). How do you guys think I'd find it?

Dunno about going from Clio to Twingo but we went from Twingo to Clio.

Would it bother me if I had to have another Twingo? No in the slightest. Downsides are obvious really. Less power, smaller overall, you either have passengers in the back or a boot. Cant have both really as there just aint enough room. The interior isn't all that special but its definately managable and can easily be spruced up.

I like the 133, but isn't the 0-62 difference around 2.5 seconds?

I know when I jump in my Toyota Yaris 1.33 from being in my Nissan Juke 1.6 all week I can feel a complete difference. However, they're more like 3.7 seconds apart!

Test drive a Twingo 133, then you'll know.

That council deal sounds a bit of a bargain for £200 per month. However, if you're looking at saving money I'd try and find a sporty diesel

I like the Twingos, but the interior isn't nice and I'm not sure I could put up with it tbh.

I think Kevo went to a 133..

But if i ever had to downgrade for some reason a 133 would be on the cards!

Think he pulled out of the deal in the end.

Me and Emma would love to get another Twingo. Maybe when the 200 becomes more of a track focussed car perhaps.

Me and the girlfriend went from her twingo (1.2) to our 197. To be honest we umm'd and ahh'd about just going for the 133 instead of our 197. In the end I won and we got the 197 but I don't think i'd really have felt cheated if we'd gotten the 133.

They are a great little car but they just feel much cheaper than the 197/200 but are perfectly liveable and I bet with the upgraded Chassis and 133 engine they're great fun, I know I used to pedal the GF's 1.2 along at some almighty pace for what it was lol!

I agree with the interior...very cheap. But I did look at a Twingo and it would have been next on the list after my 197

I had a decent test drive in one and wasnt impressed to be honest. I like the look of them but interior isn't the best and i wasn't too keen on the drive. Just my opinion of course.

I had a decent test drive in one and wasnt impressed to be honest. I like the look of them but interior isn't the best and i wasn't too keen on the drive. Just my opinion of course.

The problem with a test drive car is that low mileage will affect its performance. We all know the Clio engine gets better with the miles. I think that the Twingo's engine is even more susceptible to this.

The problem with a test drive car is that low mileage will affect its performance. We all know the Clio engine gets better with the miles. I think that the Twingo's engine is even more susceptible to this.

I'm not sure if the mileage was that low in fairness, as I along with alot of other people were invited to Ragley Hall to test drive a variety of Renaults.

I see your point but i'm not sure it would affect it that much.

I have taken the rainy out and loved it they are brilliant fun. TBH they feel exactly like the Clio does before you get above 5.5k, in that they pull well but feel a bit lacking. If I ever needed to save money I would get one. They are great cars but you cant compare it to the Clio IMO...

this is something i may have to do.....not sure yet but i would seriously consider getting one

i driven a 133 c/w cup and it drove great - doesnt have the 197 raw top end bite but still felt like a go-cart on the road brilliant fun :biggrin:

If I see a Twingo RS133 I think "Oh that's cool, another Renaultsport". Would I want to own one? No.

Realistically how much are you going to save? Seems a waste of time really.