Door speaker size

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could tell me what size speakers I need to buy to replace the door speakers in my 197 please? And if I need an adaptor plate to fit them?

Also if you could let me know how to reach the tweeters in the dash that would be great too as I'm looking to buy some decent component speakers.

Cheers,
Az

I thought 6.5" are 17cms not 13?

Ideally I'm looking at getting some Alpine type R components, the SPR-17S as I had them in an old car and they were awesome speakers amped up by my JBL 75.4

Just had a look on eBay for the adaptors and it's only listing rear hatch side speaker adaptors, but no door adaptors. Are the adaptors needed the same as the mk1 and mk2 adaptors?

im not sure what the mk1 and 2 adaptors were mate but they've a black plug which connecte to th ecurrent wiring with 1 black and 1 red wire coming off to plug into your new speaker

if that helps?

I'm not bothered about the wiring side of things cos I'll be running new speaker cables from the amp to the speakers anyway, it was just the adaptor plates in after so I can just fit the speakers straight into the doors without having to make any adaptors out of mdf or chop any existing plates up.

I don't think you'll need any adaptors to fit the actual speakers, but the connections are blocks rather than spades. IIRC the rear speakers only had 2 screw positions, so if the speakers you've got have 4 screws, they may need bending back of cutting off. I think that's right, although I'm debating if that was on my mk 2 Clio now!

there just two tab speakers, front and back, you just the other two tabs off.

Cheers for clearing things up guys, I won't be connecting the speaker to the factory head unit as I'll be running them off an amp and also changing the cabasse to an aftermarket head unit.

So has anyone replaced the factory tweeters in the top of the dash for aftermarket tweeters? The speakers I'll be getting for the doors are components so will obviously have deprecate tweeters, are they easy to swap over in the top of the dash or is it do much of a ball ache that I may as well fit the aftermarket tweeters to something like the interior wing mirror plates on the doors?