Door rubbers between door and rear window

Yes they will all split at some point. If you take your time when removing the old ones and clean all the adhesive then the key to it is use a solvent cleaning agent to remove the residue that's left. If you don't remove all of the old trim the new one won't stick properly. To fit the new one just remove the tape cover and push it into place with a trim tool.

I can vouch for what smithandroper said. Replaced both sides on my 200 a few weeks ago. I had to re-stick one of mine because I didn't spend enough time cleaning the residue of the old one off. I ended up using an old Blockbuster membership card (like a credit card), and some very hot water. Probably got about 95% of the residue off the second time round and it worked a charm.

It's a really simple job, just takes time to clean the olds ones off. Don't take shortcuts though, otherwise new one won't stick. And yes, it's very common. £16 each posted sounds about right.

Last edited:
I did mine last week. As the guys say just make sure they're really clean of any residue. I also found the top inch or so a bit harder to squeeze in behind the window so would get this bit really in place with a credit card or similar before doing the rest. There's also a 'how to' in the technical section.