Door rattles

Hi, I am new to the site, probably the oldest 197 owner here? I am 44! I have a rattle in my door that goes away when I open the window just an inch at any speed so its not drowning out the noise of the rattle with road noise! I read a thread saying remove the black gromets in the door and silicone them back in. Anyone else had any similar experiences?

Do the 197s have the passenger air bag de-activator?

I know it sounds odd but I've found the noise comes from the switch in my 200 and when I open the window a bit it disappears!

If it does have the switch try pushing it in a few times and see if the noise goes for a while.

If it does it's the same issue I have but returns after a few miles.

Also check the electric window switches for movement.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to the site, probably the oldest 197 owner here? I am 44! I have a rattle in my door that goes away when I open the window just an inch at any speed so its not drowning out the noise of the rattle with road noise! I read a thread saying remove the black gromets in the door and silicone them back in. Anyone else had any similar experiences?

Lol! Your still a young sprog compared to Roy :rofl: He's like 400 years old IIRC :tongueout:

Can't say I've heard of this problem but I'm sure there'll be someone a lot smarter in here in a min.

Oh! :welcome: to the club.

It could be the motor mechanism inside the door when it's at the closed position? Could just be a case of removing the door card, having a look/play to see if anything is loose and tigthen as and where required?

Many thanks guys. I removed the gromet and there has been no noise today at all. It has been driving me mad!! Now all it needs is new downpipes apparently, so Renault Enfield told me and Renault retail group are going to pay for it as I have only had the car a month! £600 worth of work! Result. Once again thanks guys.

jesus, first James May in the 200, then all the old farts jump on the band wagon. Christ, whats next POTM competitions involving slippers and cardigans.

kiddin on guys :poke: