Door handles

Hi, I'm having trouble with my exterior door handle lock buttons.
When you shut the door and press the little lock button it sometimes doesn't work both drivers side and passengers side, but sometimes works fine, is there anyway you can reset them or anything!

Yep change batteries
I got some you can buy if you want some £1.20 for 2 posted:thumbsup:

Not cheap if the handles are broke. My passenger one recently went and Renault quote it as a £260 job...

Banger, did you sort this problem out??

Mine have just stopped working, on both doors, so it cant be the buttons being "broken", changed the batteries in the remote, but no difference.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

No mate, I've done the same as you but to no success! The only one I've got working is the rear diamond button on the boot, starting to do my head in now like!

I cant get the car look at for a few weeks, so if you end up taking yours into a garage, could you let us know what they find?

Ofcourse I'll do the same if I get there first.

Mine is at the garage tomorrow to have the passenger side looked at under warranty, totally broke on locking regardless of what key I use. Boot and drivers work fine which I'm surprised of as I'd say these are the ones which get used the most.

Is it a warranty item? I presume it is?

it will need new door handles as the buttons are not available seperately like the megane ones.....

not a difficult job if you know what your doing

Right its NOT the door handles, as they are both now working again as they should.

Anyone have any other thoughts? Is there a seperate switch in the door thats used by the locking system?

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the door lock circuit?

Someone mention the other day the cable plug between the door and body of the car, they had a fiddle with that while pressing the lock and got it working.

hi this sounds exacly like mine was one minute they would lock the next minute they wouldnt i got 2 new handles from renault fitted myself there is a realy gd how to on here how to change them mine now work every time no problem hope this helps you

Mine decided to stop working a week after having the car. I found tonight that wiggling the lock button made it work but not a permanent solution.

Similar Thread Suggestions