Door handle lock button not working?

The button on my drivers door ('56 197) seems to only work when it's raining?! Used to work fine but is playing up a lot lately so need to get it sorted before I sell the car. So need a little info:

1. Is it just the exterior part that needs replacing?
2. Can I fit any Clio handle or does it have to be 197 specific?
3. Best/cheapest place to get one?
4. Any guides anywhere for door card removal etc?
5. Rough price?

Thanks in advance lads ;-)

same has just gone on mine!!!!!!!!!!!

trip to the local friendly dealer for a new one and some discount i hope and then get it fitted :coffee:

Must be something in the air, as mine has stopped working as of yesterday. Only had the car a few days... Wonder what else will come out of the wood work.

And me :-(

Passenger handle has always been dodgy but never had a problem with the driver handle until yesterday. Just read the 'how to' remove the handles to change them. Seems a lot if work and I'm worried that if I do, I'll end up with rattles!!!!

My passenger side handle intermittently stops working, never really noticed if it changes with the weather :s.

I read somewhere that firing a jet wash directly at the handle can cause this so I try and be careful with it now. Hopefully I won't need to change mine. But good luck to you mate, and let us know how you get on.

My passenger side handle intermittently stops working, never really noticed if it changes with the weather :s.

I read somewhere that firing a jet wash directly at the handle can cause this so I try and be careful with it now. Hopefully I won't need to change mine. But good luck to you mate, and let us know how you get on.

done handle changes before so its not an unknown job if you know what i mean :poke:

done handle changes before so its not an unknown job if you know what i mean :poke:

Will be doing both of mine soon. Read the 'how to' on here that looks pretty comprehensive. Post if there are any gotchas I should know about.

Thanks

I bet that is why mine stopped working. I went to a hand car wash and usually wash the car myself. Bummer!!!!!!

mine have gone on both doors!! still have 8 month autcare warranty with arnold clark, need to see if it covers the door handles.

If arnold Clark renault cover them I have a spare in the house il pass it on to someone that need one, the only thing missing out the kit is the chrome door handle bullet.

If arnold Clark renault cover them I have a spare in the house il pass it on to someone that need one, the only thing missing out the kit is the chrome door handle bullet.

Chris, I'll have it off you. Spoke to Karl and you have to buy the complete kit when all I need is the part with the button. Which side is it? PM me with details.

Thanks