Diy steering wheel refurb

Keep us updated. Keen to get this if more people have good experience with them

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

Update on this, I did some measuring of my wheel circumference compared to the cover I had delivered, my wheel is 4.5inch the cover is 4inch, they requested this and are sending out a new cover now in the correct thickness.

So if you are going to order, do a measurement and just message them so you don't get into the same problem.

I think they don't do many Renaults, I think they do more BMW and Jap cars, the feel and material etc feels great, just a shame it was a bit short.

Will update once it arrives etc.

Reactions: wootwoot
Possible that your problem is because the 197/200 wheel is thicker than a base model Clio

Mines been delayed a month now due to virus. To be fair to the seller he offered a refund but I'm in no rush so said I'd wait

^ Same - I ended up cancelling mine as mine isn't bad at all and tbh I couldn't be arsed to wait, I saw this thread and wanted to do it at the time but then realised after the replies, the amount of time and effort required and scrapped it.

Reactions: DS197
Well with what’s going on.... It’s time we start supporting other markets... I reckon mass boycotting of all Chinese stuff globally!!!

So due to a small group in china who eat wildlife, the whole country should now be tainted? Yes their government need to sort it out and make it illegal I agree, but that doesn't mean the rest of the country are at fault.

If that is what you believe then you are welcome to boycott all you want. I think you'll really struggle to buy anything if you do it properly, you'll be surprised how much is from China.

As a society we want stuff cheap, readily available, decentish quality etc. this has made China so popular, if you boycott like you suggest, you will be surprised how little will be available for you and how much it will then cost if you do find it.

Anyways, this thread is about a cheap alternative to a steering wheel cover, not a political thread to boycott a whole country, feel free to make a thread in the relevant area "General Chat".

Last edited:
The guy from this company I've been in contact is great too by the way . Eddy I think . Kept me informed , offered a refund . Let me choose a custom colour/material combo not listed

I'd recommend anyone ordering to send in their measurements like. Definetly soke confusion over the different thickness between the different models of mk3

Reactions: suj
The guy from this company I've been in contact is great too by the way . Eddy I think . Kept me informed , offered a refund . Let me choose a custom colour/material combo not listed

I'd recommend anyone ordering to send in their measurements like. Definetly soke confusion over the different thickness between the different models of mk3

Exact same for me, they just wanted measurements of why it wasn't fitting, I then explained the MK3 Clio 197/200 has different thickness, they are going to be working on updating their page online to have non-RS and RS ones. I guess they don't get many Renaults in China, not really their prime market.

I've bought many things from China and they've been very accommodating like these guys have been.

Suj did you get yours fitted?

I’m keen to get the alcantara version. I was going to have it covered locally but they cut off the old leather and I want the option of going back to stock.

Suj did you get yours fitted?

I’m keen to get the alcantara version. I was going to have it covered locally but they cut off the old leather and I want the option of going back to stock.

No, as it didn't fit our sport wheels, it would fit a non-sport wheel (that is slightly thinner).
But they now do them for Sports after my problems, best thing to do is measure your wheel diameter and contact them before you order to be totally sure (I didn't know there was differences when I ordered).

Loads of people have done wheels themselves, @adam thomas did his old wheel with alcantara bits.

No, as it didn't fit our sport wheels, it would fit a non-sport wheel (that is slightly thinner).
But they now do them for Sports after my problems, best thing to do is measure your wheel diameter and contact them before you order to be totally sure (I didn't know there was differences when I ordered).

Loads of people have done wheels themselves, @adam thomas did his old wheel with alcantara bits.
Yeah . I bought a stitch on cover and it wouldn't fit with the foam intact.

Wouldn't bother again I'd just send it to royal or snappy

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Thanks both.

I did mail them and they responded last night, quick turnaround time.

I want one that will fit over the current one, so I can go back to standard if I want to. My current wheel is in good condition, I just feel for some alcantara and yellow stitching.

The upholsterer guy here said if he does it I won’t be able to revert to standard, so that’s a big issue for me.

So, it’s worth trying this mewant wheel as long as they give the right size it seems.

Thanks both.

I did mail them and they responded last night, quick turnaround time.

I want one that will fit over the current one, so I can go back to standard if I want to. My current wheel is in good condition, I just feel for some alcantara and yellow stitching.

The upholsterer guy here said if he does it I won’t be able to revert to standard, so that’s a big issue for me.

So, it’s worth trying this mewant wheel as long as they give the right size it seems.
Why don't you get a second steering wheel to try it on ?

That's what I done. I think with a cover over your existing wheel you'll feel it move .

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It’s an option, but seems an unnecessary expense.

I’m thinking of trying this out. Even if it only lasts for a year or two I can then decide whether or not I want Alcantara and then use my original wheel.

Sounds like you made your mind up, just get it ordered, but measure your wheel before you order and tell them that's what size you need.

Sounds like you made your mind up, just get it ordered, but measure your wheel before you order and tell them that's what size you need.

Thanks.

Unfortunately they say they don’t have a template for our sport as yet. I showed them the original pic from this thread but they insist it’s a different wheel.

Oh well.