DIY Detail

Need some advice. Selling car and going to Malton BB on Sunday to see if it generates some interest just in case current sale falls through. Any advice in starting basic detailing????

just ring a local detailer up and get it a good wash and brush up tomorrow. mini valet is around £30 and a full being around £50.

saves you going out and spending half of that on products and doing it your self.

Yeah it wouldn't be cost effective to buy all the products for one wash.

If you do want to do it yourself, I'd recommend clay bar, polish and wax. Should set you back about £40 and around 4 hours to do it all.

For a quick spruce up before selling a wash with a good shampoo and a coat of Autoglym Super Resin Polish will bring a good shine back to any colour. Just remember to put a tyre shine on as it makes even an unpolished car look better.

Get it round to me?? I'm only in Altrincham - you could come round tomorrow afternoon if you want? £30 for a maintenance wash or £60 for a full hit with an application of Hydro2 sealant which will gloss it up like crazy and leaves behind a layer of protection - also includes your interior!

I met you last year when I was at one of Willis' week night meets. Your LY Clio would look sick when I've finished with it!

Hmmm...if anyone fancies making some money doing it, please let me know. Good pro Detailing superb but trying to keep the costs down.....

Get it round to me?? I'm only in Altrincham - you could come round tomorrow afternoon if you want? £30 for a maintenance wash or £60 for a full hit with an application of Hydro2 sealant which will gloss it up like crazy and leaves behind a layer of protection - also includes your interior!

I met you last year when I was at one of Willis' week night meets. Your LY Clio would look sick when I've finished with it!

Thank you, Your on....shall I give you a ring in the morning?

I'd recommend getting some tar spot remover, they're little spots but they make a big difference on a colour like LY. If your not too fussed about detailing normally, and your in a rush then call in to halfords, Auto Glym Super Resin Polish will give you a nice shine for the day. Also pick up some vynvl and rubber care or bumper and trim gel (vynvl and rubber is easier to use) and do all your trims to make the car look smart :smile:

Bring my cut to malton for recommending you get it done by someone else.