Discs and pads

Doug6488

Platinum Member
Evening all!

Time has come to change my brakes.
Anyone got suggestions on which to buy, I will be mainly using the car for everyday with the occasional track day in the new year.

mintex m1144 pads and emtec discs..works a treat for me...and motul 660 break fluid

I have Tarox disks (F2000 I think), DS2500 pads, Motul RBF660 fluid and Hel braided lines and they were faultless at the 'Ring, same couldn't be said of the rears though (cost a lot to sort at Nurburgring prices too).
[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] sorted out a few of the items above for me.

Don't use the Superblue in a mk3 Clio, plenty of info already on here but it will almost certainly cause a squeaky clutch.

Don't use the Superblue in a mk3 Clio, plenty of info already on here but it will almost certainly cause a squeaky clutch.

I've heard it causes a squeaky clutch too.

I use the AP racing formula dot 5.1 fluid with Goodridge braided hoses(stainless fittings). And have ds2500 and 2 piece 330mm discs on order atm.

Last edited:
Ended up with brembo hc fronts with ds2500 pads and oem rears with brembo pads.

Hopefully get them fitted before I go back to work.

Motul 660 as recommended by a few on here.

660 has a poor wet point value (vs 600), so keep it changed/fresh

No issues with super blue fluid in my car...

Lucky, but that very much seems the expception rather than the norm. For anyone buying new just go with Motul RBF600 or 660 (or Castrol SRF I beleive is fine in the mk3, and also very good) - depending on use and how frequently you intend to change etc.