Dirty dirty thoughts about a 118d M Sport

Sooooooo I get free diesel to an extent so I am looking at other cars (very very hard too) and was taken back by a blue 58plate one today.

I feel dirty thinking about it but could this be a good funish car but with the comfy ears to boot :/

The only problem I see with BMW is the 20% price hike just for a badge.. Plenty of cars offer the same options, the same level of equipment and same quality for less

The thing is we are looking for a slight move to better economy and the 118d does around 45-65mpg and is £30 a year road tax. Will look at the Leon though and what ever diesel we get it will be mapped and il prob tinker with as well as I haven't with the R27 as I just can't bring myself to change anything about her.

Sooooooo I get free diesel to an extent so I am looking at other cars (very very hard too) and was taken back by a blue 58plate one today.

I feel dirty thinking about it but could this be a good funish car but with the comfy ears to boot :/

I would give it 6 months max before you are extremely bored! The 1-Series is a solid car and will feel nicely refined but the 118d won't give you any thrills. The 123d would be the better model but even so will still bore you after a while... I had a 120d for a year, fuel efficient and a good chassis but bland all the same. The Audi would be no better either in my personal opinion.

Cheers