Differential VS. Suspension kit, what is the best mod?

Hi!
I'm torn between this two mods.
I use my clio in mountain passes, and ocasionally on track, so... what is the best mod for me??

Thanks!!!

And if the ground is bumpy??

I already have good tyres! I know that are the most important part of the car :thumbup1:

Track tuition in that case, you will get more from tuition on track with a more standard suspension setup than you will by just strapping on an expensive set of coilovers or diff....

Agree with Womble, if you put a good suspension on you'll end up with more grip (I know, it is possible).

After fitting my ASTs the esp barely kicks in, of course it'd present itself when overdriving the car but I never needed it when driving its bearings off in the Alps or on any B roads.

You have to remember, we don't have much power/torque, diff is not needed on the road, plenty of traction as it is.

You dont need expensive suspension either unless you are maxing out the capabilities of the standard setup, which is probably about 10% tops of us on here

You dont need expensive suspension either unless you are maxing out the capabilities of the standard setup, which is probably about 10% tops of us on here

Well it's not about maximizing its capabilities though is it? The cup setup is brilliant on track but it shows its weaknesses on a bumpy road, or better said, on the road (because no road out there is as smooth as a track).

I personally found that when driving fast with the cup setup the the front becomes bouncy and the rear becomes unstable, unpredictable and becomes easily unsettled, not really a surprise from a twin tube damper/spring setup valved for track. A good coilover setup with nice valving eliminates this problem and makes the driving experience better. IMO always:smile:

Probably not my best explanation!

most of us on here will never get to the point of finding the limits at the limit if what the standard setup can do, but until people learn to get the best out of whatever setup they are running, throwing in the worlds most expensive or best ever setup wont necessarily improve their cars handling or improve times on a 'how fast', not having a go just passing a comment...

Old School Rules!!!!!!!

Well it's not about maximizing its capabilities though is it? The cup setup is brilliant on track but it shows its weaknesses on a bumpy road, or better said, on the road (because no road out there is as smooth as a track).

I personally found that when driving fast with the cup setup the the front becomes bouncy and the rear becomes unstable, unpredictable and becomes easily unsettled, not really a surprise from a twin tube damper/spring setup valved for track. A good coilover setup with nice valving eliminates this problem and makes the driving experience better. IMO always:smile:

I have to agree strongly with the above comments re the front and rear. This brings us back to my post, keeping the wheels in contact with the Tarmac. To me the KW V3 kit with standard mounts, as the geometry is pretty good, my only criticism of the KW kit is the lack of a choice of a traditional progressive road spring, to go with their excellent dampers. The standard linear coil in the kit is still a compromise on the road.

Do you think AST is the best suspension for bumpy roads? There are so many suspensions... but I think this is the best option despite the price.