diesel "200" ?

Ive got an M9R (laguna/megae 2.0 dci) sat that im contemplating putting in the cup rally car.
Also got a hybrid turbo I bought for my Navara which would see 300bhp/550N.m torque without too much of a struggle.

Its looking likely I will fit this, though the downside (and the only reason for contemplation) is we'd have to loose the Sadev ST75.

Ive got an M9R (laguna/megae 2.0 dci) sat that im contemplating putting in the cup rally car.
Also got a hybrid turbo I bought for my Navara which would see 300bhp/550N.m torque without too much of a struggle.

Its looking likely I will fit this, though the downside (and the only reason for contemplation) is we'd have to loose the Sadev ST75.

oh that would be interesting indeed :thumbup1:

why not... I am sure the majority of 197 / 200 owners have never taken it to the track, or am I wrong :smile: ??? a powerful diesel would be much better for everyday driving, of course it would become more of an autobahn eater than the twisties devil, but hey each to their own, I believe there would be a lot of people who would buy one, as much as I love the 2.0 NA in my 197 if there was a choice of engines, who knows what would I have chosen.... a 1.6 gasoline turbo at about 200 bhp would probably be right in between performance / economy wise, and while not sure if I would buy a diesel, I would definitely buy a 1.6 gasoline turbo 200 if it was launched... same or better performance, a lot better economy... I am on my third year of ownership of the clio, done 80k km, what can I say, I have spent more money on fuel since I bought it than I paid for the car......

I disagree, I think in the twisties they would excell with bag fulls of torque to throw you from corner to corner.
The M9R weighs about the same as an F4R, so weight doesnt play a significant part.

For my application I wouldnt consider running without a plate LSD, but i'd say that for a petrol equivalent also.

Makes sense, a couple of friends have petrol and diesel equivalents of the same track car - same set up, same BHP and they're totally chalk and cheese to drive.

I would defintely consider buying one. I've been looking at possibly selling the 197 to get a 175 to save on fuel.

Drove past a BP earlier where the diesel was 1p a litre dearer then petrol. Seriously makes sense when that's the difference between them!

I've been tempted by the megane 175dci, so would still be tempted by a diesel clio.

Thing is they'd need to do something a little different rather than just drop in a big oil buring lump and if you look at the group I havent seen that they have a dci engine anywhere that'd cut it.

Not seen anything about a 160 version, where did you hear that?

theres a few "whispers" about and magazine articles on new renault engines coming out - 3cylinder petrols and these new diesels - alot of downsizing on its way by the sound of it

oh and a couple of the engines have been in the last batch of concept cars

Last edited: