diesel "200" ?

It would lose its soul !!! The dci RS Megane is a good car however. Remapped and it is seriously fast and very fun to drive. May bring it to meets when im running low on petrol money !

my old man's got the A3 TDi and thats a great lump, launch control tourquey as hell, shame about the diesel short power band means you chase the power but all in all i was impressed.
previously i was in the "i'd rather let you club a seal to deth on my drive than park a diesel on it" but ecenomically at nearly £6 a gallon the 197/200 is becoming more of a weekend toy than an every day car that can be taken to the track at the weekend. and for someone like me the extra 2K a year in fuel it costs to run the clio compared with the wifes diesel mondeo is fast becoming an expense i can do without.

I had an Ibiza FR TDI before the Clio, and it was great. Id consider a diesel again if i needed to cover a lot of miles, but dont need to these days.

from reading these posts, i think most people would depend their decision on the amount of milage they'd be doing with either the petrol or diesel varient...

Alot of negativity here, i know of someone who once had a Megane dci 175 remapped and it was a serious weapon, not to be messed with on a long straight road!

I'd certainly consider one...

Alot of negativity here, i know of someone who once had a Megane dci 175 remapped and it was a serious weapon, not to be messed with on a long straight road!

I'd certainly consider one...
WORD BRO !!!!
This car is a fast one remapped. I love my 200 more, but the 175dci can leave so many cars behind. You need to experience one to form an opinion tho.

I think Renault could pull if off as the Clio II DCI 80 I had once upon a time was a terrific car, handled well and didn't feel like a diesel at all.

I'll stick with the petrol though thanks and enjoy it while I still can buy a car that's fun before I'm forced by legislation to buy something dull and battery powered, firing up a diesel never sounds exciting like a petrol.

For a minute there I thought someone was suggesting a "diesel" 200, must get my eyes checked... the thought of it kills me, oil burner, no no no

Diesels of the late have been impressive. In fact I was looking at 123d before I got into a Clio. By no means the twin blower is slow, and its more than 200kg heavier than the 200.

With diesel you can't just look at hp as most of it is coming out of the low rev range, plus it pulls much better than petrol. It's prob a better everyday car.

On straight there's not a lot of diff between the twin blower and 200. It really comes down to handling, and you do need a DSG to get the diesel drives properly.

... but then, of course, being Beemer $$$ is an issue.

Don't forget you have Cupra R in diesel.