Decat Y/N?

Nashy

Platinum Member
Been reading a few comments on them and i think im gonna go for it:thumbup:! is there anything to worry about or is it just fitted and thats it? im going for a re-map too where would be the best place to go?:001_unsure:

Cheers

Nashy

Was going for a new exhaust but tbh the original is still in decent nick so ill wait till its time to change before i plumb for one!

Nashy

dont do it mate, deffo not worth it. I was talkin to a motorsport expert n he said ull only get gains with cams and headwork.

Not looking for huge gains really just want a noise!! lol i would be just happy with a remap and new exhaust but no need to replace ill try it as its not gonna be exspensive if its gash ill just take it off, is there no sensors i need to worry about?

Nashy

Do it lol.

Flatspot isn't bad when mapped out and the sound is immense, my car was dyno'd with 171 lb/ ft torque so it's not that bad :tongueout:

fitted my sensor into decat and never had any emission lights come on the dash.

i have had my decat fitted for a fair while now and tbh the remap doesnt change the flat spot that much ( ive got the TDF remap ), but for the sound alone it is a must

Last edited:
AmD have mapped mine out nicely, it's all but gone 2bh :tongueout: obviously still noticable but no worse than STD car with STD exhaust system.

i say do it, drivability isn't effected too badly. My car had a flat spot even with the stock exhaust so i wasn't fussed with it being more noticeable.

I'd link to a video i recorded but im on my phone atm. If you youtube ctmka, theres a video filmed at night where i stuck my camera on the back of the car.

Also kev - didn't you take the cat back off in the end?

Clio engine braking in 4th gear between 7,000 - 5,000 rpm with a decat sounds better than Susan Boyle

Last edited:
Stick some octane booster in and it really pops on the downshift.

What's the best solution for:

1. Sick sound with lots of popping.
2. 3-5 bhp addition
3. Not be stopped by the police. :thumbup: just joking...i'd be proud if they stopped me because of the noise...:biggrin:

PS. What about these octane boosters? Are they safe? Do they really affect performance? Is there any popping with the std exhaust?

Last edited:
What's the best solution for:

1. Sick sound with lots of popping.
2. 3-5 bhp addition
3. Not be stopped by the police. :thumbup: just joking...i'd be proud if they stopped me because of the noise...:biggrin:

PS. What about these octane boosters? Are they safe? Do they really affect performance? Is there any popping with the std exhaust?

get a k tec pro performance exhaust, sound gorgous, pops and gargles when changing gear.

As far as legal concerns go the car technically should still pass an mot with the primary cat alone so it's not illeagal! And even if a copper does look the first cat is obviously still there.

I have a decatted yozzasport system and it pops and bangs but more on the upshift than downshift.

A few octane boosters have an advantage to performance. I use millers and it's the best on the Market, but I only use it to reduce the risk of detonation with the nitrous, normal use u don't need it. Does however make it pop more!

If you get a tailored remap, as apposed to a generic one, then just ask the mapper to add a little fuel to the injectors on rundown, and it'll pop and bang all day long :tongueout:

Alot of the CS boys do it.