De-cat?

When I bought my K-Tec pro performance exhaust it came with a de-cat pipe, but I never fitted it. I have someone who can fit it for me for nothing next week, so I was planning fitting it just to see what it's like, from what I have heard it will give me a massive flat spot but am interested to see what it sounds like.
So am planning fitting it and if the car runs crap I’ll take it off, but just wondering what to expect when I fit it? Apart from the flat spot. Will it sound a lot different? Am currently just running a standard CAT with the back box.

Cheers

Last edited:
massive flatspot you are right between 1800-2300rpm
but when you fit it you wont take it away i think again.
the sound that provides its awesome and the gains at high rpms was fine also but the kind of dry metal cought sound its very nice..

massive flatspot you are right between 1800-2300rpm
but when you fit it you wont take it away i think again.
the sound that provides its awesome and the gains at high rpms was fine also but the kind of dry metal cought sound its very nice..

I was a bit worried about it sounding to good! :smiley:

i had decat my car before i put the rest exhaust and i can tell you for sure that the flatspot was more obvious when i fit the exhaust.i dont think that they have flatspot from the factory.
rs 197 dont worry at all now.Go fit it! xaxaaaxax

tbh i dont think the flat spot is that bad...
i think people make it out to be alot worse than it actually is.
do it and you wont take it off :smiley:
drifter.

nope, but now i got the single its even better.
oh and my car is going on Sunday i think :worried: (or sometime next week), got something new :smiley:

I got the Decat done about 2months ago, and I got my cat put back on yesturday. Got to say the decat was rubbish, didn't sound any better or louder imo, and the car didn't run well at all, flatspot was awful, I got used to it after a month or so but now I have the cat back in the car just feels so much better I even think the note of the exhaust is a bit more raspy.

So if you have a Ktec Pro exhaust I would not recommend getting a decat.

Just my opionion for what it's worth lol

The flat spot is fine, drive the car on part throttle til 3000rpm n then nail it. Or drop it down a gear to get the revs up.

The flat spot is fine, drive the car on part throttle til 3000rpm n then nail it. Or drop it down a gear to get the revs up.

It wasnt just the flatspot, I just felt the car didnt run as well with the decat, maybe with a remap it would be good. But the cat in is defo the way to go IMO having tried both.

the flat spot is massive i had one fitted last weekend and am having it taken off this weekend. it feels like a 1.6 until you reach 5k revs honestly its not something i would recommend . . . . sounds good but not worth it

iv been told you get losses with just decat, you need to have had head and cam work to get any kind of gain from it