Dash trim.

Nashy

Platinum Member
Was wanting to get my trim off and paint it a gloss black wanting to know how to take the trim off without it being damaged? has anyone done this?

Thanks

Nashy

Lol, Nashy i've just painted my dash strips gloss black too, I luckily found some on ebay for cheap so I could keep the standard ones. I haven't even attempted taking the old ones out yet, No doubt i'll break a clip or something, Good luck!

You do it first then tell me how it went then ill have a go!!! lol ill break mine for sure i think ill get one of my more femanine mates to do it haha!

Just done it will post some pics up now, so so simple. I thought one would snap but no :smile: no need to be gentle!!!
Just grab each corner or get a screwdriver covered in masking tape under and pull. Looks so much better, not sure whether to paint the centre console or not!!

Photo0093.gif

Photo0095.gif

Photo0096.gif

Last edited:
I used gloss black vinyl on my strips and ive left the centre trim silver, they all just pull off dont worry they dont break easy, i did mine in vinyl as if i wanted to change at a later date i could and it wasnt a too difficult job just got to paitent and pull it tight on the edges.

ill put pics of mine up then youll get an idea of how the gloss black and silver look,

Looks excellent Troopy! Mine is the same I have kept the centre console silver and Im really happy with it! It can look too much if you do all of the pieces. Can always photoshop it just to see what it would look like all in gloss before actually doing it!

Cheers Paul :smile: I'm chuffed with it, I know what you mean about it looking too dark, but still thinking of trying to find a second hand centre dash from somewhere and giving it a go :wink: Also I think the idea of the diffuser being black might just be a go once i find somewhere to do it!!

very interested to see how your diffuser painted, something I was concidering but was to be honest a bit scared of making a hash of it.

Yeah i'm the same, might take it to a bodyshop and see what they say and find out price. Hoping to make it look similar to the 200 diffuser. If you have a look at Jase's 197 pics you can get an idea!!

Well you have layed down the gauntlet looks quality! ill be doing it tomoz! ill be down to halfrauds first thing, had a little go at getting them off before i was getting confident i got a digital camera today so ill get some decent pics up!

Nashy

Been searching the online world to buy a Clio 200 diffuser but to no avail, Jase's diffuser is epic, very jealous. Its exactly what I want but not paying renault prices for one. In a previous post I mentioned getting it cheap is still £690 + 10%.

No chance im spending that on what is at the end of the day a piece of plastic.

Yeah i'm the same, might take it to a bodyshop and see what they say and find out price. Hoping to make it look similar to the 200 diffuser. If you have a look at Jase's 197 pics you can get an idea!!

troopy mate might seem dumb but i dont do much painting if i was to re spray all my plastic what do i need, want to do it in gloss black :smile:

All of it? The interior? Not sure i'd do the diffuser myself, too big a job for me.

I just went to halfords and bought a can of grey plastic primer, plastic gloss black, and some lacquer, got some 600 grade sandpaper, and masking tape.

Masked the pins and just sanded it down a little, sprayed on two coats of primer, let it dry, sprayed on two coats of gloss black letting it dry and finally two coats of lacquer and it came up a treat :smile: never done any plastic before and didn't have any problems, so you'll be fine.

Not even sure you really need the primer, but i liked how mine came out!!

I'm sure someone will hopefully correct me if I did anything wrong, or could have done it better :smile:

and it came out gloss black. as if it was to come out the factory no imperfections at all?

i might go down today and get it done i wouldnt do the defuser i think ill do the whole dash tho.

was tempted to do it red
but thinking bout the resale i would if i had anouther dash