Custom Drivers foot-rests.........anyone interested in one ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I've seen a few of these advertised here, seen a few fitted in cars and seen them on ebay. too.

I can soon make one for myself (And anyone else here at a silly cheap price if interested) and think i might give one a go.

Can someone tell me how do they hold in ? (Can see no holes, clips,screws etc on mine)

Cheers.

Velcro strips.
Or rivet through the carpet.

Mine is held on by Velcro that's adhesive backed which sticks to the carpet but there is holes for rivets.

Thanks for that Chris - i'm on it.

I did a thing like this on a motorcycle forum i'm on; when i hand-made some Stainless Steel heel / chain-guards which i "sold" (Loose sens of the term - as material was at cost, and i charged exact post and just a couple of quid for my labour). Proved really popular and i reckon i sent 30 or 40 to members.

If there's enough interest - i could even get them Laser cut at work with a logo of our choice cut into them.......anyone else interested ???

Few of the guards i made:

P1030158_zpsmkn64xb3.jpg

P1020137_zpsa73ccf1f.jpg

P1020141_zps5193a88f.jpg

P1020149_zpsa4e109e9.jpg

P1020144_zps3c33fb45.jpg

IMG_2764_zpskkui9dkg.jpg

P1030164_zpskiozhhzw.jpg

P1030163_zpscfp4yhmd.jpg

P1030158_zpsmkn64xb3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordini
I'll get a price laser cut tomorrow for about 25 pieces say.

What logo's would everyone want (And would be generic across all 197's / 200's etc ??)

Reactions: Big Ben
Thanks for telling me you could make them so cheap after I spent £30 on one btw lol :money:

I refuse to apologise because of your outrageously frivolous nature ! :smile:

****Now that's kinda interesting in a way though - are you thinking MK3's and 4's are all the same basic size ?

Can anyone measure their MK3 and MK4 heel-rests - and just give me:

1/ Width
2/ Height
3/ Approx material thickness (I presume they are Aluminium ?)

A picture or two (I'm thinking there might be different styles) would be great also....

Cheers.

Well the mk4 has an overlap that curls over the edge, can't remember if mk3s have this. I'll have a measure later :smile:

I'm interested Shuv. My carpet has worn up the side beside the footrest & has a hole worn in it. Any chance the footrest could be made to cover/protect this area too?

I'm interested Shuv. My carpet has worn up the side beside the footrest & has a hole worn in it. Any chance the footrest could be made to cover/protect this area too?

Not a bad idea that Johnny. My only concern there - would be how much space there is between the footrest and the clutch pedal 'anyway'.

And if i put a fold on the material on the side closest to the clutch....would there be enough space for people with big clobbers / in work boots etc ? Although as a bi-product it would provide another face for fixing it on with (Either by carpet tape, velcro or rivets] aswell as protecting from carpet burns (Perhaps not the best choice of phrase :smile: as you say....... )

Not trying to be negative - just thinking aloud really

Not a bad idea that Johnny. My only concern there - would be how much space there is between the footrest and the clutch pedal 'anyway'.

And if i put a fold on the material on the side closest to the clutch....would there be enough space for people with big clobbers / in work boots etc ? Although as a bi-product it would provide another face for fixing it on with (Either by carpet tape, velcro or rivets] aswell as protecting from carpet burns (Perhaps not the best choice of phrase :smile: as you say....... )

Not trying to be negative - just thinking aloud really

I take your point, though probably not an issue for me with size 7 feet & I tend to drive in trainers. It's the left hand side, away from the clutch pedal that's worn on mine.

Reactions: sevenfourate
^^^^Superb. Thanks very much @Chris. Great info. I'll see if ONE can be made to fit MK3's and MK4's.

***45 degree angle on the fold ?

Keep your thought coming guys.... :smile:

Do presume 197 and 200's have the same pattern on the pedals (Would be nice to keep this theme to match-in wouldn't it.....).

Last edited:
I am definitely interested in this Syer, count me in please. I'd be happy with one matching the pedals and an RS logo, as per the majority.