Custom Drivers foot-rests.........anyone interested in one ?

That's ridiculously cheap when you think of all the money we throw at these cars:grinning:

I've just spent £22 on a new dipstick ffs!

Reactions: Jimmy and Micah
I've just managed to get one off a Megane F1, dam if this came earlier... :worried:
I'm busy working out a new backing plate as there is no way am putting that mild steel thing in.

Or I could do a swop? If somebody wants an original version like the pedals and I'll take an RS with a custom number like above? Anybody?

Ok.....So. Lets get rid of one decision to be made at a time......First:

As far as i see it: there are various ways of affixing these foot-plates that i've read about: 1/ Velcro 2/ Carpet Tape 3/ Rivets 4/ Bolting etc etc. And all of these will in my opinion require an area of the plate to be "perforation free / solid material" so if using tape or velcro - it has a decent sized completely flat area to 1/ Stick tape etc on the plate and 2/ So any tape or velcro wont be visible through; or doesn't require cutting around the holes.

So - below is are two quick drawing's of designs to encompass two rectangular areas either side of the "RS" logo.

NOTE: As previously discussed - the "RS" logo will be cut right through the plate (Meaning you'll see your carpet colour looking through it), and as above - the rectangles i've drawn either side of the logo wont actually exist or show as-such, but i've drawn in just to signify where a solid / blank area of the foot-plate will be in order to make fitting a tidier / easier / better looking task.

So. All i need is a simple "1" "1b" or "2" to denote your choice of design.

I'll leave it up for a day or two and then we'll simply go with the majority :smile:

IMG_5267_zps1yb8jj73.jpg

IMG_5271_zpsnb7jzjtb.jpg

8e6d6154-dc2c-40f9-bd6c-75456d328c70_zpsnayqyozy.jpg

@sevenfourate, I think that would be better, yes. Reason I went for style 1 is that the fixing points will be nearer to the ends of the footrest & therefore I think they'll be more secure.

Reactions: sevenfourate
@sevenfourate, I think that would be better, yes. Reason I went for style 1 is that the fixing points will be nearer to the ends of the footrest & therefore I think they'll be more secure.

I agree !

Visually it breaks it up (Version 1) - rather than an area in the centre with no holes, and it gets the mounting points further apart.

I'll do another quick sketch now, but with the logo the other way around......

Reactions: Johnny 99
1b added @Johnny 99 - and i've taken the liberty of updating your vote !

We could even move the "blank" parts further out slightly - and only have one line of holes outside of the plain part - not the two as pictured. But your thoughts and reasons are rightfully noted !:smile:

I agree !

Visually it breaks it up (Version 1) - rather than an area in the centre with no holes, and it gets the mounting points further apart.

I'll do another quick sketch now, but with the logo the other way around......
Ha! You edited my choice! 1b.Def best version

1b added @Johnny 99 - and i've taken the liberty of updating your vote !

We could even move then "blank" parts further out slightly - and only have one line of holes outside of the plain part - not the two as pictured. But your thoughts are rightfully noted !:smile:

Probably better to have fixings as near to end as possible for security. Looking good mate.

I like them all. 1b if really pressed
RS needs to be horizontal though as you said