Cup Spoiler End Plate Loose

Phenom

Paid Member
One of the end plate of my cup spoiler are loose and has some play in it. although it doesn't make an audible rattle or anything I would like it not to be loose.

but the screws/bolts in the end plate spin freely in both directions, I'm assuming what ever nut or thread inside the spoiler itself as snapped off but has remained on the bolt holding the end plate on the spoiler still.

At the moment the only solution in my head to be able to solve this is a new spoiler?
anyone else with a bigger brain able to suggest something else?

I bought a brand new (genuine) cup spoiler, had it painted and when I came to fitting it IIRC the screws for the end plates were almost like normal wood screws that bite into the material (fibreglass?)..

I would say it's probably shagged the material inside. I would be tempted to find a slightly larger screw (probably better off finding 4 so you don't have mismatch of screws) and see if that'll do the trick.

Also, take the plate off and use some glue (only a small amount, anything strong I suppose) to glue the end plates in place and then screw them in. I was told to do this and although it won't do much as the screws hold it in tight enough, I would imagine if the scres ever came lose it would keep them in place.

Failing the above, instead of buying a whole new spoiler try packing the holes with some metal set or filler and wait until it hardens and then try and re-screw them in again.

Sorry I can't help further - hope you get it sorted mate :smile:

Reactions: Phenom