Cup racer project.

The bumper would be finished in a white primer gelcoat so it would need painting

Thats allways handy to know. cheers.

Theres a company out eastern europe way who do a fibreglass dash, in LHD is it one you deal with?

Wayne, What's the plans for painting it, colour etc, and you thinking of decal'ing it up again?

I reckon he should let me have a go a plasticoating it.. :smile:

Lol, that could be pretty cool, don't stone chips wreck it? I've got a spare set of wheels and was told to plasticoating them, but thought it wouldn't be tough enough...

Wayne, What's the plans for painting it, colour etc, and you thinking of decal'ing it up again?

I think the only colour i want is storm grey, like the pic earlier in the thread, i've never wanted anything so badly :jase2:

I'm not too fussed on stickering it up like a race car but i do like the idea of doing it like it could/would have come from the factory in say 2007 with just the elf and title sponsors stickers on.

We'll see :tomato:

This is not storm grey

Is it not?

What ever that grey is, thats what i'm having. my shell is allready that colour so easy to match/have matched.

Looks storm to me. lighter than the lunar on an R26.R

I didn't think it was storm, it was done way before they launched the SG200's. looks slightly lighter, still an awesome colour though, but who knows, I'm usually wrong with this kind of sh*t :smiley:

Guy at paint shop was telling me other day to paint the inside of the 172 in "this audi colour that the racers are, its a greyish one" think he means this..... I'll have him do a sample pot and see what colour it is :smile:

My mate has a paint chip book and in it are 'base' colours, what they use before adding other colours to match what you want, one of the light grey colours is very very close to what i have and he told me to go for this as the paint is a great deal cheaper.

He's done his suspension parts in it on an RS turbo he's building up.

20-TenDonington2012-001_zps9b9ed691.jpg

Lol, that could be pretty cool, don't stone chips wreck it? I've got a spare set of wheels and was told to plasticoating them, but thought it wouldn't be tough enough...

I think plastidip should be fine for wheels... But nothing on the front of the car (which picks up chips). If you think about it, wheels seldom get stone chips...and it's cheap, and can look great if a proper job is done.

Whatever it is its mint

This, it is a fecking epic colour! Should look cracking!

As for the stickers, I recon that's a cool idea but wouldn't want to hide any of that paint :wink:

it has to be one of the best colours seen on a Clio.

I think plastidip should be fine for wheels... But nothing on the front of the car (which picks up chips). If you think about it, wheels seldom get stone chips...and it's cheap, and can look great if a proper job is done.

The paint is so thin anyway, mines covered in chips. Raiderlew plastidipped his front end. It looked awesome, not sure on the longevity with stone chips etc but I think its more hardy than most would think.

The paint is so thin anyway, mines covered in chips. Raiderlew plastidipped his front end. It looked awesome, not sure on the longevity with stone chips etc but I think its more hardy than most would think.

Might have to give it a try then. Sorry for hi jacking thread Wayne :worried: