Cup racer project.

Looks good mate, look forward to reading about this in the future! What's the average cost of building a car like this from scratch, if you don't mind me asking?

Looking good mate.

Do you have any photos of the tailgate safety catch pins inside and also of the cut down rear tow bracket

I cut this circular hole inside after removing the bracket that holds a rubber stop, it still needs cleaning up but you can see whats needed.

295412_4803039086180_1049214216_n.jpg

No pics of tow strap as need to remove bumper but will do.

What's the average cost of building a car like this from scratch, if you don't mind me asking?

I've no idea to be honest, a lot would be one answer :blink:

It depends on what you want to do i suppose, the more cup racer parts on it the more expensive, i want to use all the race cars suspension and beams/sub frame but then use road car parts for engine/electrics.

I think i'd like to use road car dash top but need a LHD dash. then wipers and steering rack.

I'm in no hurry so i'll take what comes along :book:

Good interesting build. Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you pick up the LY wing from? Reason I'm asking is I have just had my LY 200 stolen and this may be split for parts.

Any info much appreciated. Thank you.

Good interesting build. Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you pick up the LY wing from? Reason I'm asking is I have just had my LY 200 stolen and this may be split for parts.

Any info much appreciated. Thank you.

No probs, i've had it over a month so it's not from yours, i'll keep an eye out whilst looking for parts though.

This was from a place in bolton and they had the wing and front bumper (repaired) and it was from another members car on here who'd had them changed after insurance work.

Linky poo

I had to spend ages on you tube looking for this again

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/GWSjX0ywkHw[/YOUTUBE]

The bastid keeps hitting my car.

How do you embed the video?

http://youtu.be/GWSjX0ywkHw

Last edited:
Very nice thread 930 Tech. Subscribed:wink:

Cheers :thumbup1:

Now have a pair of headlights (thanks JCS), the front panel and front bumper bracket (ebay) and a passenger side skirt (thanks decon) so now i can get fitting the front bonnet pins.

Just short of;

Drivers door (our drivers, O/S)

Passenger wing (our pass, N/S)

Front bumper (197)

and i can get it in the bodyshop to paint it then.

I'm also on the look out for a damaged/smashed O/S skirt as i have a piece missing from the one left on the car, i can make a piece for this but if anyone has one ready for the bin, please let me know.

Front bumper (197)

and i can get it in the bodyshop to paint it then.

I'm also on the look out for a damaged/smashed O/S skirt as i have a piece missing from the one left on the car, i can make a piece for this but if anyone has one ready for the bin, please let me know.

PM Jonsey, he may still have a spare O/S Sill.

As for the front bumper, I can do you a 197 fiberglass one for £300 if you get stuck.

PM Jonsey, he may still have a spare O/S Sill.

As for the front bumper, I can do you a 197 fiberglass one for £300 if you get stuck.

i binned them, or if u go back to the hospital in harrow they still might be there lol

fiberglass bumper?? what colour?