Crappy French electronics

_Chris.T_

Paid Member
Was going to work this morning and stinking white smoke started pouring out from behind steering wheel where the stalks are. Turned car off and waited till it stopped smoking. It was raining so I tried my wipers and they won't work

so I'm assuming it's the stalk/relay/motor that's burnt out. I've had a search and it seems like that's what it is. Has anyone else had the same problem and what happened? Cost of fixing ect....

More than likely it's the stalk. Can't remember the price of one though, but we have replaced a couple.

Yeah I have had the same problem, I had the wiper stalk replaced under warranty. I was told you have to buy both stalks as renault don't sell them individually they cost £120 for the pair from the paperwork I had. Hope this helps

More than likely it's the stalk. Can't remember the price of one though, but we have replaced a couple.

Yeah I have had the same problem, I had the wiper stalk replaced under warranty. I was told you have to buy both stalks as renault don't sell them individually they cost £120 for the pair from the paperwork I had. Hope this helps

Thanks for replies.

did you both have them replaced at renault then?

I don't mind paying as long as it's not ridiculous amounts but surely this is not a normal fault?

i had bcm module replaced in feb when that went bang and shorted my lights and they said they've never come across it and in the end renault ended up footing 90% of a £450 bill

I've seen it happen in one or two Clio 3's before, I've also seen and BCM module fry itself too lol.

If you want i Got second hand wiper stalk... Its about 10mins to replace... I bought one but indicator stalk was broken I mine...

And obviously Renault seling them separate and price is about 120 per one

Thanks for replies everyone,

i decided to have a go at replacing the unit myself.

The intermittent wipers work but not the quick wipe or washers?!?

also the radio still stays on when I get out. Also when ignition is on I have no temp or time.

Parrot system has no power either.

are these few things linked by a fuse or 2 maybe?