Crap mothers day!

Well my girlfriends mum was taken to hospital earlier because she had extreme stomach pains. It turns out she has a perforated bowel. The bowel perforated due to the tablets she was taking for irritable bowel syndrome which where incorrectly prescribed! We where told at 2:30pm she was going in for an operation to have a look fix what was wrong, as my girlfriends dad has Alzheimer and is in a quite late on stage she stayed at home to look after him and ensure he didn't wonder. We just found out that her mum was in the operating theater for 6hours 30 minutes!! and that apparently there where complications. Her sister is rushing to hospital to see what the complications where. Anyone here experienced anything like this? We're a little shocked as her sister told us earlier that she was out over 4 hours ago to not worry my girlfriend!!

I hope everything works out ok. That is a horrible thing to happen. What were the tablets she was prescribed? My wife is in Pharmacy and she just asked.

I am sure everything will be ok though dude :hug:

I know that one person on here had a tough mothers day too - it was his first without his mum.

My mum told me she didnt want to celebrate mothers day, as she is still too upset about a friend of our family that was murdered on the 25th March. :worried: So it was pretty crap here too tbh. The card i bought will be going in the bin instead. Or save it till next year.

Not exactly a brilliant one for me either. My granddad was killed while crossing the street and the anniversary is tomorrow. Had a family get together today for sunday lunch but it always has an awkward feeling about it. :worried:

cheers Mike - Not too sure I asked my Girlfriend but they took the tablets with her so the doctors knew what she was on!! I feel for you're mum Deako just not that bad I hope (still waiting on a call) you just don't think about other things unless it happens to you or someone you know! Paul thats gutting so many bad memory's for whats suppose to be a good day!

Thanks Adam, it is worse for my brother and his son (my unc) as they were born on the 4th and the 6th (on the day and two days after). Not a good time for the family.

I hope everything works out for your GF's mum!

Mate i really feel for ur girlfriend. My dad also suffered from alzheimer's and i honestly cannot begin to explain what she must be going thru worrying about both her mum and her dad nor her mum who will be feeling guilty as and not be worrying about her own health.

Really puts into perspective me whinging about it being the first mothers day i havent spent with my mum.

Terrible news Adam, fingers crossed everything sorts itself out and she makes a quick recovery.