Crank sensor connector

c.h 90

Paid Member
Water has gotten into the crank sensor/loom on my 2011 200.
Has anyone ever replaced the connector for the crank sensor, if so where did you source an OEM one.
Asked renault and they hadn’t a clue what I was talking about, strange as other OEMs supply connects.

I would check at the ECU end to the connector with multimeter check continuity and the resistance the second test will give you an idea if corrosion/water damage is affecting the signal.

Reactions: c.h 90
I would check at the ECU end to the connector with multimeter check continuity and the resistance the second test will give you an idea if corrosion/water damage is affecting the signal.
Ya we’ve checked the ecu end. Seems as if the connecter is corroded and the wire is black half way up.

So looking at the image,
that connected doesn’t look like it will fit my sensor.
I know there is two deferent type of sensors, my one is part number 8200746509.

I looked at the post but what is the trouble you are having when you ordered the wrong part did the connector you have go into that as I only have 197 looms and stuff here

There was a change at some point in the 200’s life cycle to a different crank sensor with a completely different connector.

Can take a picture of the connector as it’s too awkward.
Here’s the sensor.
IMG_4510.jpeg

Here is the connecter I need,
Renault don’t supply a part anymore and the dealer can’t find a part number.
My only hope is maybe a complete engine loom at this stage but I find it hard to believe that this connect was only fitted to post 2011 clio 200 and nothing else!!
db6e1f30-611b-4401-b355-7d01988b32be.jpegf206e009-be01-411f-939d-9c595fb621e2.jpeg

Attachments

• 5e3e85a2-e33a-4c3e-aad8-3b045ca53a16.jpeg
    5e3e85a2-e33a-4c3e-aad8-3b045ca53a16.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 2
that connector looks like one of the same on the drivers door lock assembly for the handsfree system!

Reactions: c.h 90
Yea if it does not fit de-pin it and move the wired pins over, the only others I found are to the right of the circled items in the picture post #8