Crankshaft sensor install on clio 3 rs200

Hi all,

Trying to replace my crankshaft sensor. Got under the car, and removed with a 10mm what I thought was the old crankshaft sensor.

I opened the replacement, part number 82 000513668, but the head of the connector looks slightly different, and therefore doesn't connect to the plug...

I looked at the part number for the old part (well what I think is the old crank sensor), and the brand is 'continental' and some other random part number..

New part on left, compared to old part on right.

Any one have any ideas ? Or did I just remove something that wasn't the CAS (and looks similar), in which case I can't for the life of me, locate where it is.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20220309_201011.jpg
    20220309_201011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
I'm pretty sure there were 2 different types of crankshaft sensors depending on year of manufacturing of the car.
There is only 1 sensor where the crankshaft is on gearbox, so you have removed the correct part.

Is it a genuine part that you bought (I know the old one was continental)?

Reactions: DS197
I believe there are two different crank sensors each of which will have a different part number.

Reactions: suj
I'm pretty sure there were 2 different types of crankshaft sensors depending on year of manufacturing of the car.
There is only 1 sensor where the crankshaft is on gearbox, so you have removed the correct part.

Is it a genuine part that you bought (I know the old one was continental)?

Yeah replacement part says renault czech Republic with said part number. I got it from renaultparts.co.uk.

Hmm..

Parts numbers from an old thread on here are below, I’d just be aware of the fact that the part number(s) may have been superseded although one seems to match the one you’ve given.

Markings are

8200513668 - P/N 8200513668

or

A2C53255631 - P/N 8200746509

Reactions: suj