cracked windscreen!

chris1888-197

Paid Member
:worried: a stone hit my windscreen this morning going to work flung up by a lorry causing a large crack! so new windscreen req. is there a certain tint on the 197 front windscreen ? thanks

Illegal for a windscreen to be tinted?

Just make sure all your sensors work before they leave if you have them. Auto wipers etc

Just had mine replaced. If your fully comp then just go through the insurance and pay the excess. It won't affect your no claims.

Autoglass are pretty awesome - give them the reg and they come out to you at home or work to replace it.

Just had mine replaced. If your fully comp then just go through the insurance and pay the excess. It won't affect your no claims.

Autoglass are pretty awesome - give them the reg and they come out to you at home or work to replace it.

Check with your insurance policy first. Not all policies cover windscreens, some insurers have started making windscreen cover an optional extra.

Just make sure all your sensors work before they leave if you have them. Auto wipers etc

Check with your insurance policy first. Not all policies cover windscreens, some insurers have started making windscreen cover an optional extra.

^^ Yep, and yep! Some people have had trouble with dumb window fitters cocking up their auto lights/wipers. Be sure to test them before they leave.

windscreen replaced by autoglass through insurance company. + free bosch aero twin blades fitted- bonus. cheers for advice guys.

Is it a fixed fee if you are fully comp?

Or will the excess vary dependent on your policy?

i think most insurance comp fully comp will replace with the owner paying the £75 excess mate. thats what i payed and most i have been with charge for a replacement.