Cracked windscreen courtesy of a quarry truck.

Anyone successfully claimed against a haulage firm over a cracked windscreen?

I'm not looking for ridiculous claims, I'm just after some sort of help towards the windscreen cover excess.

The truck was one of those 8 wheeled dump trucks and this particular one did NOT have the dust sheet over the load of rubble it was carrying.

Heard a loud clunk. Pulled the car over and have 3 large (to me) cracks. 2 are in the picture I've attached. As far as I can tell the paintwork is ok.

uploadfromtaptalk1398747689879.jpg

Was the driver of the lorry aware of what he's done?
Have you already told the company?

It's happened to my mother before and they sorted it out for her with no problems at all. Probably changed from site manager to site manager though.

We where on the A40, by the time I got to a place to stop. He had pulled off. I have called the company informed them of what happened and what the truck details where. they took my number and said the transport manager would call back in a few minutes. That was yesterday. Going to call them back today.

Managed to get this sorted eventually and have had the new screen fitted today free of charge.
The eventual process was called the company, was told to go through insurance, called my insurance and was given 2 options. 1. pay excess, when fault is pointed at the other party excess gets refunded. 2. go through the other parties insurance.

I picked 2 as no money needed to be parted my end, my insurance company gave me their details so i could contact. the company accepted it so then their insurance booked me a appointment with autoglass.

Took a while but got there in the end!

ha4y8yse.jpg

Last edited: