Cracked Manifold

As the title states took my car into renault as it was popin and banging from the manifold and some how i have managed to crack it. good old renault replaced it along with the middle center section as well no quimms under warranty so thats a touch. thats a free manifold and center section, gearbox, full set of engine and gearbox mounts done now courtesy of motorline renault maidstone kent. anyone els had manifold issues?

by the sounds of it the other faults (engine mounts) may have caused the cracked manifold - dont think its a very common fault that :001_rolleyes:

havent seen any come in to our place yet with craked manifolds like foxspeed sed think the mounts had something to do with that,

When did the popping/banging happen? As I have a popping noise everytime I change gear but Renault say they can't find a fault...

Do you have to look under the car to see the crack?

Last edited:
I'm replacing the manifold/cat on a Renault Grande Espace at work at the moment which has cracked across the manifold flange and round the cat canister.

The manifold is about £450-00 and has been a right pig to do, just waiting for the new manifold to arrive so i can build it all back up.

yer the popin and banging started a couple of weeks prior to it being unbareable so i took it in straight away. No way its a company car give it plenty all the time just warm it up in the morn and then drive it like i stole it, and look to wipe as many smiles of other peoples faces when i come up to a challenge. you gotta rep up the clio 197's for what they can actually do. wonldnt advise getting one out of warranty tho lol.